Night Shift

Options
I work 12 hour Night Shifts and struggle making it work with eating enough food! I think part of the struggle also is that I switch back and forth during the week being a regular day person and back to my night shift schedule. Interested in hearing from any other Night Shifters!

Replies

• anneuhbanana
    anneuhbanana Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I do the 12 hr nights as well but I stay on the same schedule because if I don't I have your problem. When to eat becomes confusing and I don't think it's good on our bodies to confuse it so much, just my thoughts!
  • sophieeef
    sophieeef Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do 12 hour nights for half the week, and I am a "day walker" for the rest of the week.

Before I leave for each night at 1900 I eat some kind of cereal or oats so simple porridge with raisins.
    I make a big casserole before my block of nights, and my boyfriend and I live off of that for about 2 days, so that we both get hot healthy meals! I eat a large portion of that as a main meal at 0130ish.
    I also have some kind of snack at around 0515 (eg banana, cereal bar) before the busy period, and another at around 0830, and something else if I cycle home.
    When I get home I have a shower and then a cup of hot milk/hot choc and then repeat!

When I finish my last night I make sure to eat at socially acceptable times. I think because I am so intense about my "day" routine and "night" routine it lessens the confusion, though I agree with the above poster- irregular shifts are so unhealthy in every aspect!