Bipolar (I need friends!)PLUR

Options
I suffer from Bipolar. I gained 70 pounds in the last year. I longboard and am active I even eat good. It's still a battle. I'm hoping this app will help me. Plur!!!!!

Replies

• happypuppyyumyum
    Options
    Hey.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I was admitted last year and diagnosed with Bipolar... I was off work for 4 months, on medication, and gained over 20lbs... now trying to lose that weight!

NICE HAIR!!!
  • jjknoxfitness
    Options
    I was diagnosed 4 years ago and I put on 40 pounds that I still haven't been able to take off - I sent you an add
  • slittle80
    slittle80 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago. Gained 40+ pounds and have since found ways to manage without the medication and lost the weight.
  • rosedeg101
    rosedeg101 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I recommend swimming, aerobics and sticking with charting your food. I keep apples and oranges by my bed so I will eat those first in the night before going to the pantry.
  • Flyingfree83
    Flyingfree83 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Just been diagnosed with bipolar and I know my meds will lead to weight gain :( I'm worried that this will make my paranoia worse. Any ideas on alternative o
  • jillshadow
    jillshadow Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am Bipolar as well. I will add you. Anyone else feel free to add me
  • run_abeo
    run_abeo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Same diagnosis here (bipolar I). I'm going to make a group for support for both depression and our diets which are as over complicated as everything else. Add me if you'd like.
  • 39in39
    39in39 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    run_abeo wrote: »
    Same diagnosis here (bipolar I). I'm going to make a group for support for both depression and our diets which are as over complicated as everything else. Add me if you'd like.
    I'd love to join.
  • chellesky543
    chellesky543 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I suffer with bipolar too just new on here would love u to add me. Ive gained over 70lbs through this illness too.

• sd225303
    sd225303 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed 10 years ago and have had to switch around medications over the years. I find this information VERY helpful. It's, in a nutshell, what I have done to cope (and what I have done has worked). http://blogs.psychcentral.com/bipolar/2008/10/preventing-and-reversing-weight-gain-associated-with-psychiatric-medications/
  • ctews22
    Options
    I was diagnosed last year and gained around 30 pounds. I'm finally getting to working hard to lose it. I definitely need support and am here to support you!
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    You can add me. I have clinical depression, ptsd, and anxiety, and getting medication has been hard.
  • SammyBrite
    SammyBrite Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too am bipolar and am trying to lose weight. I was diagnosed with Bipolar in 2010. All I can say is just stick with it and try not to get discouraged. Feel free to send me a friend request, as I'm looking for friends with Bipolar as well.
  • gwayby
    gwayby Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'll add you. I was diagnosed in 2007. It's a struggle that you really can't understand until you've lived it. I gained 40 pounds at one point due to a medication change -- luckily the ones I'm currently on are weight-neutral and don't affect my appetite (here's hoping they continue to work!).