Kinda new guy

Options
pauljsolie
pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
Hello everyone, finally decided (was strongly persuaded) to start posting. I've been a MFP user for over a year then stopped for some reason. Well I started again a couple months ago. I started tracking at 313 pounds on March 21, 2011 and have lost 27 pounds since then. I think the main reason this works for me is that I never realized how much I was eating before MFP. I would eat around 3500 to 4000 calories a day and not even know it. Couple that with no exercise, it's no wonder I topped out over 300 pounds. I am losing on average 3 pounds per week and can't believe I'm working out and eating only 1500 calories per day. This site really helped me to understand nutrition values of food and calories consumed during exercise. It is so simple yet eluded me for so many years. I hope to be at my goal weight of 175 by next spring.

Replies

• tate355
    tate355 Posts: 12
    Options
    Well Good Luck to you I as well have been with mfp but slacked off for sometime only really being consistent for about 2 weeks but im excited and ready for change its amazing how my 1380 cal dont kill me considering I as well was eating anywhere between 2500 and 3000 a day... So i say to you goodluck and im sure your going to get to your goal
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Thanks tate, did you get my post on "cheat days", check it out.
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I think it's amazing how this site helps to educate. Surround yourself with a great support system and you'll be there in no time. :)
  • Mommawarrior
    Mommawarrior Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Hi!
  • tate355
    tate355 Posts: 12
    Options
    i did and i will b checking that out thank you
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Pretty awesome isn't it!!! Great job!!
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Welcome back then I guess ^^

Best of luck on the weight loss !
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    in the summer of 09 i was 305 lbs then by the summer of 2010 i was 195, then i got pregnant, and have put on some of that weight. i believe you can do it
  • greenscrapcat
    Options
    :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :love: :love: :love: good to have you back greencatscrapescratchscatcrap
  • Jeepinmom4
    Jeepinmom4 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Congrats on loosing 27 lbs!! Im sure you know the support you get here is wonderfull! Feel free to add me if you think tou need more friends on here :) i know i can jse all the help i can get lol....I'm new to this "diet" thing and this site is awesome!
  • daddeeo
    daddeeo Posts: 33
    Options
    That is an amazing amount of weight to lose in that amount of time. Looks like you are definitely on your way. This site is just plain awesome. Really does help you realize how much you eating. Good luck!
  • wolfwhisper
    Options
    hey great job with the weight loss, i was on another site but did not have the contact with other people, which i feel helps one out greatly to have a support system. it is 11:58 may 13 and just joined mfp and hope to have you as a friend. keep up the good work
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Thanks catholicdad, good luck to you as well. This site makes it so easy and it was a real eye-opener the first day I logged a typical day of eating and found I was taking in about 3900 calories with no appreciable exercise whatsoever. I have my laptop set up either in the kitchen or dining room so it is always convienient to make my entries. Good luck to you in your journey.

Thanks also to Jeepinmom and wolfwhisper for your kind words as well.

greenscrapcat, you know I love you and miss you. Sorry I can't ever seem to get your screen name right :flowerforyou:
  • thibautseeker
    thibautseeker Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Well done! And good luck with losing the rest of the weight you want to!
  • froglegjack
    froglegjack Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I found out too it is really important to connect with people here and have that support. Congrats on your whopping weight loss so far!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Thanks froglegjack.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    And thank you thibautseeker. I guess by looking at all the screen names, I wasn't very imaginitive with what I called myself. LOL, I wonder how some of your screen names came about. Might be interesting discussion thread.