Diffrant types of exerciseing at home?

Options
Hi I was wondering besides walking my dog and going on my exercise bike what other exercises can I do from home?

Any ideas?

Replies

• skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    if you get a Wii you can do cardio, resistance/strength exercises, dance, etc.

There are plenty of workout DVDs you can check into as well...
  • otgrouch
    otgrouch Posts: 21
    Options
    tae bo is good excercise and fun..
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    If you have a wii game console, you can get wii active, or buy some exercise dvds to do in your living!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    If you have a DVD player there are a ton of exercise videos...you can find videos online. Inexpensive items are weights, stretch bands; medium expensive are step board, balance ball, kettlebell; very expensive; treadmill...

or you can do a power walk in place or just dance!
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    If you get a set of dumbbells, you can do a huge range of exercises at home, working all the major muscle groups. Body weight resistance training such as push ups are also good for working from home.
  • miriamtorason
    miriamtorason Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Obviously, the Wii has been covered. Also, so has the DVD scenario. I also do couch to 5k from home, as well as some weights/strength training. I've also done both the 100 push-ups challenge and the 200 sit-ups challenges. All from home, there's no way I could afford a gym membership even if I could get out of the house solo to use it. ^_^
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Bodyrocktv - good for circuit interval training at home
  • DonnaLFitz
    DonnaLFitz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I have a Total Gym XLS (the Chuck Norris thing) and I really love it. I can do resistance strength training, or set the resistance down a notch and do some aerobic lifts.
  • Mommaof3Boys2011
    Options
    if you cant afford gym equipment here are some ideas from a SAHM: canned food: my grandma use to walk around the house lifting a can of green beans in each hand, My cousin would fill those reusable canvas bags each with 10-15 cans of veggies and lift then like weights (i would start out with 5 cans in each bag) if you are home alone or dont feel embarrassed instead of walking from room to room March... mowing the yard with a push mower for 1 hour burns 500+ calories. if you sit on your bed have your feet hanging over the edge do leg lifts. thats just a few ideas hope it helps you get started.. also jump roping in place
  • Sheepdoglady
    Options
    That's just what I was going to ssuggest! I have a skipping rope so that if don't have time to go out I can skip rope til I drop! Also walking up and down the stairs continuously is a good workout :-)
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I borrow all kinds workout dvds from the library. Also, I'm too fat to do pushups so I do them against the stairs. When I got so that I could do 20 pushups on the 4th step, I moved my hands down to the 3rd step...
  • gmaanneliese
    gmaanneliese Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I took my favorite cd's and loaded them onto my computer. Then using itunes I created a playlist that I workout to. I have 52 minutes of music; several warm up songs, then high paced songs, then cool down songs. I created moves that I learned from other workouts over the years. I have to say, while I've switched it up a bit to use other workout dvd's, I get my best burn from my own routine. Sometimes the floor is wet from my sweat.:smokin: