taking out starch completely

Options
Some person said if I could stay away from starch, bread, rice etc and don't eat any of it that would speed up my weight loss process I just need to know how true is that? And is there anyone who has done such and sow good results

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,986 Member
    Options
    When something is taken out of a diet, like starch, your consuming fewer calories (unless of course you add in other types of foods that would be equivalent in calories) and when that happens the result is your consuming less and probably in a deficit and lose weight. The key is consume less and you'll lose weight, starch doesn't really have anything to do with it in this context.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    When something is taken out of a diet, like starch, your consuming fewer calories (unless of course you add in other types of foods that would be equivalent in calories) and when that happens the result is your consuming less and probably in a deficit and lose weight. The key is consume less and you'll lose weight, starch doesn't really have anything to do with it in this context.

Thank you
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Carbs cause you to retain more water, which will register as weight on the scale. If you cut them back, you'll lose the associated water weight. There are legit medical reasons to reduce carbs (e.g., diabetes, PCOS, etc.) But cutting them purely for weight loss can have you shooting yourself in the foot later if you plan to add them back. When you add them back, you will see your weight increase due to the water retention issue.
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    Not true. Just bro-science. There is no reason to stay away from certain foods (unless you have a medical contrition).
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    How old are you? You need carbs!
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    There is nothing that can and should be off limits unless it's for a medical reason. Just eat in a calorie deficit. That's all there is to it. And you can't 'speed up' weight loss. It's going to be slow. You didn't gain it overnight and you won't lose it overnight either.
  • scottacular
    scottacular Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Carbs > some person
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    How old are you? You need carbs!

I'm 27 and I weigh 84kgs I wish to loose 15kgs