An odd quetion for calories burned.

Options
I'm aware of a few sites that help estimate calories burned for things MFP doesn't have in the database... But I have yet (after an hour of frustrated searching) to find a way to log carring around 35 extra pounds of gear for 10 hours or so. It's probably the only "exercize" I'll get his week, and I'd like to log it somehow. Ideas? It certianly has to burn something, right? I hope so anyway....

Replies

• Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could look in the database for walking at your weight for x amount of time and then increase the weight to (your weight + 35lbs) and see what the difference is.
    I know I can tell a huge difference between my weight now and when I was 35 lbs heavier! :)
  • michele_jacks
    Options
    I use the "walk with an infant or 15 pounds" on mfp when I am walking with my weight vest on. Even though the vest is 20 pounds, I figure it is close enough. Hope this helps! :smile: :smile:
  • mommy_of_ten
    Options
    you can estimate your calories burnt by adding your activity to your exercise tab, click on "Exercise" then click on "add exercise" and it will deduct the calories burnt from your daily "allowed" calories :)
  • melpalmer7
    melpalmer7 Posts: 35
    Options
    Maybe try this...

go to the following website:

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

plug in your weight, age etc and then choose hiking with the 21-42 pounds weight range. that should give you a calorie total that you can enter into MFP as a personal exercise. I've used calculators from other internet sites to get more specific readings for activities before and this is one that's worked for me. Let me know if that works for you too...
  • mare91467
    mare91467 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would wear a HRM for the time frame that you are carrying the weight, and then compare it with that same time frame without carrying the weight. Whatever the difference is, I would enter it.