Options
2»

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »
    I get tired too...but in a good way. Like I can actually fall asleep at night because I'm moving my butt more.

Oh and eat your dang exercise calories back.

This does not happen to me. Legit takes me up to an hour to fall asleep :( But I think part of my issue is with not going to bed early enough on a consistent basis!

Well, it doesn't happen to me anymore because I keep pushing my bedtime back-then I get hungry and wound up again. Ha. But when I first started eating well and exercising I slept like a baby.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    I get tired too...but in a good way. Like I can actually fall asleep at night because I'm moving my butt more.

This does not happen to me. Legit takes me up to an hour to fall asleep :( But I think part of my issue is with not going to bed early enough on a consistent basis!

Well, it doesn't happen to me anymore because I keep pushing my bedtime back-then I get hungry and wound up again. Ha. But when I first started eating well and exercising I slept like a baby.

I think the crux is having a reasonable bed time - midnight to 6am is not reasonable for me, damn Youtube!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options

I think the crux is having a reasonable bed time - midnight to 6am is not reasonable for me, damn Youtube!

That's exactly what I've been doing...And my workouts kind of sucked this week. Sleepy.
  • ana3067
    Options

That's exactly what I've been doing...And my workouts kind of sucked this week. Sleepy.
    same, my workout was so blah today :( I wish I could get sleepy by 10pm without meds, which then make me sleepy for the majority of the next day anyway :/
  • BABetter1
    BABetter1 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    You might consider quitting the coffee. No lynch mob, please! I just said "consider" it. I was always tired when I was a daily coffee drinker. Since I quit coffee, except for an occasional decaf indulgence, I've had a ton more energy. It was rough at first, but it was so worth it. I did it very gradually, cutting my intake in half for a week or 2, and then cutting in half again until I was barely drinking any. I also take a daily supplement that has a miniscule amount of caffeine in it, and that did help make it less painful.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I even got all the calories I'm supposed to eat in, with exception of the exercise calories.
    Then you didn't get in all the calories you were supposed to - you came up short. Your daily goal already has you at a deficit - no zero exercise, eat to goal and you'll lose. Burn off more cals through exercise, don't eat them back, and now your deficit is way too big - not enough fuel = tired, lethargic, burn out, and is often what leads people to quit or yoyo diet.

Food is fuel - eat the proper amount of cals for your height, weight, age and activity level, drink water, exercise, take rest days, get good sleep. Boom.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the boards, OP! I see you have 1 pound down and 139 to go. You're going to have to make sure your diet/ exercise routine is sustainable for the long haul. I couldn't see your diary to see how many calories and at what macros you have been eating. If you can make that available, you will be able to get more concrete and detailed feedback about why you may be unnecessarily tired.
  • imabeevampire
    imabeevampire Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    im in bed by 8pm and awake at 4:30. this only started happening once i dramatically changed my diet. Look at your calories etc, make sure youre eating enough, drinking enough. I find that even tho im so tired i still wake during the night and cant sleep. hope it gets better, mine has slowly, im on week 3
  • jmiskimen
    Options
    It may be what you are eating and when. It could also beginning used to the change in lifestyle.

Addressing the first statement: loaded up on carbs in the morning will make you tired, I load up at night so I can use it the next day. Eating veggies and fruit like kale and apples in the morning should help boost your energy.

Addressing the second statement I made: you may just need time to adjust and make sure to get minimally 8 hours of sleep!

Good luck!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    I feel the same way - so tired and freezing cold all the time.

Are you cold?
    are you losing hair, fingernail changes?
    Are you so tired you could sleep as an Olympic event?
    are your eyelashes falling out, weird bloating?

do you have a lump in your throat?

and most importantly, have you hit some wall where no matter how hard you log, weigh and measure, work out through pain, tired, and exhaustion can't lose weight?

Go check your thyroid. Don't wait. Don't settle for living a half life of hell.

I have been unable to lose weight past where I am for 2 years. I log so faithfully it is unreal. exercise is a ritual. nothing worked, so I called it done, and have been maintaining/gaining/ping pong bounce with no change in diet between 153 and 164 for that same 2 years.

A lump in my throat as I type this could very well be cancer. They don't know, all they do know right now is it is on my right lobe of my thyroid which is swollen to nearly double it's size with a "normal TSH", which is only 1 test of about 7 for a thyroid panel. You have to fight to get the rest done.

At best right now they suspect I could have an auto-immune disorder called Hashimoto's as my weird stuff is a mix of both Hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.

Check your throat if any of this sounds like you. Plateaus that won't break? despite what you may read in these forums, it may not be your "failure to accurately log" your "weak exercise routine".

Please don't settle for faux science and get yourself checked out.

So, in the next few weeks, I get to be even more of a pincushion for the medical field, I'm going to drink gross stuff to light up my throat for scans and at some point have needles shoved into that growth to find out. Don't wait thinking it's you and "crap logging" that is causing this. It may just be your thyroid. a few blood tests beat the heck out of being told 1 day before your 40th birthday you might have cancer.
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    If you have recently started this routine you probably just need to adjust to it. Keep going and it'll improve as your body gets stronger.

If it doesn't you might want to increase calorie intake or even talk to a doctor like mentioned above. I have Hashimoto's, which is basically under active thyroid, and it still, even on meds, makes me very tired.
  • cerilekara
    cerilekara Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice... I'm probably not eating enough... I'm still learning all this stuff. I was trying to create a bigger deficit of calories... But I want to do this the right way. I made my diary public right after I joined...So not sure why you guys can't see it.... I'll look into that. Some of your responses made me laugh!
  • cerilekara
    Options
    cerilekara wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice... I'm probably not eating enough... I'm still learning all this stuff. I was trying to create a bigger deficit of calories... But I want to do this the right way. I made my diary public right after I joined...So not sure why you guys can't see it.... I'll look into that. Some of your responses made me laugh!

Diary was only set for friends to see it... So you will just have to Friend me...just kidding...I made it public for everyone to judge!☺
  • cerilekara
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    If anyone ever asked me to name the most important thing for success, I would say “weighing food”; properly tracking and logging. It’s calories-in and calories-out (burned).

As one Mayo Clinic article put it:

“Despite all the diet strategies out there, weight management still comes down to the calories you take in versus those you burn off. Fad diets may promise you that avoiding carbs or eating a mountain of grapefruit is the secret to weight loss, but it's really all about calories.”

I get my workout in early, eat healthy and rarely (if ever) feel starved in any way. As someone else mentioned, more information is needed re: calories, tracking, goals etc .

Add if you like…

73641431.png

Wow... That's awesome!!!! Great job!☺
  • cerilekara
    Options
    What is your calorie intake like? And what is your goal for weight loss? If you're aiming for a 2 pound loss, you could adjust to 1.5, get 250 more calories a day. Being fatigued all the time could mean you're not getting enough nutrition, or could be a vitamin deficiency or something medical. Or it might just mean you need to improve your sleep habits. Many possibilities.

I probably do need to sleep more! I have to work on that!☺
  • cerilekara
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    Welcome to the boards, OP! I see you have 1 pound down and 139 to go. You're going to have to make sure your diet/ exercise routine is sustainable for the long haul. I couldn't see your diary to see how many calories and at what macros you have been eating. If you can make that available, you will be able to get more concrete and detailed feedback about why you may be unnecessarily tired.

I made my diary public. I started this life style change in December 28th... I didn't start logging in MFP till just a couple weeks ago. Total weight loss is 21lbs. I probably went a bit overboard this month, and I've been stressed. Life is never easy ☺ but it's got amazing moments!
  • ana3067
    Options
    OP, are you eating back your exercise calories now? At least half? If not then you should probably get on that (you can just log half the time you spent working out so that you can then eat to your full caloric goal - so instead of listing 30 minutes you'd list 15 minutes and eat the full calorie number. Or log 75% of the time if you want to have a higher number). You appear to be mostly measuring food, am I correct? If so you should aim to only use measured entries. Otherwise a food scale is a worthy investment and makes logging way more accurate. Finally, are all the recipes you've used ones you created yourself? If not then do not use them in your log.