Am I doing something wrong?

Options
I've been diligently tracking my food and exercise for over two weeks. I set my goal to lose 1.5 pounds per week and have stayed within my caloric goal almost every day. After two weeks I have only lost 0.3 pounds. Am I missing something?

Replies

• Taylor_Bride_to_Be
    Taylor_Bride_to_Be Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its hard to get the loss going, everyone's body is different and will react differently, it just takes time
  • ScalySquash50
    Options
    Apparently MFP tends to overestimate the amount of calories you are burning during your exercise, so you may be eating more calories than you should because of that. I've seen in other threads different places where people recommended other places to find calculators that I've now completely forgotten...

Also just like Taylor said sometimes its hard to get the weight loss going. I was that way, when I first started dieting I couldn't seem to make any impact which was super discouraging, then once I got over the hump the pounds started melting off! Keep at it and I'm sure you'll start seeing results!
  • dashe111
    dashe111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It could also be the exercises you are doing. You can be toning nuscle vs losing pounds or weighing yourself at different times each day, etc, etc. Without knowing the details it's hard to say, but stay at it. Just eating better and exercising will give you good results in the long run. Don't get discouraged by the scale. You'll start to drop and see a difference in a couple weeks and others will too!