Starting over

Options
Hi, my name is Lizette and I'm restarting my fitness journey. Unfortunately, my life for the pass two years were way to chaotic to truly focus my fitness. Now the dust is settling and I really want to get my fitness goals back on track. I realize my problem is commitment. I put others and everything else in propriety. So I don't keep my workout routine and food consistent and I keep failing :( I recognize my faults so now I plan on getting more "me time" at the gym and staying consistent. I know I have to trust in the progress so I will patiently but eagerly be excited and ready to reach my goals this time around. Thank you for reading :smiley:

Replies

• jennimae2014
    jennimae2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    :) good luck to you Lizette.
  • lizvong
    Options
    Awww thank you!! @jennimae2014‌ I truly appreciate it :)
  • NikkyT30
    NikkyT30 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from completely. I have a hard time putting myself first as well. Wish you all the best. If you need a motivational type friend feel free to request me:)
  • lizvong
    Options
    Yes for sure I'll be requesting u and thank you for the best wishes :)@NikkyT30‌
  • mandymayner
    mandymayner Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Lizvong... am in a similar place, struggling with staying commited. I seem to be always starting over. I've been on MFP a couple times but have never join the community part. Good luck to you!!! Feel free to friend me and we can support each other.
  • lizvong
    Options
    Hi Mandy, I'll request u right now. This is the first time for me as well using the community part and I can see a big difference already! Its very useful and its great meeting others on similar missions that understand and motivate the journey :)@mandymayner‌

• lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hi lizvong
    Ah yes commitment. I'm in a job that keeps me stationary most days. Like you and many here I just get on a roll, trying to exercise and eat right, going good then a work related trip comes up and my routine gets thrown off, or a mentally stressful day has me wanting to shut down. Im 7 days in and 4 lbs down. If you want to add me for mutual motivation please do. I'm a positive minded person and happy to share motivation. Good luck, your now on the right track! :smile:
  • brendahughes37679
    brendahughes37679 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I am starting again too. So many times i have tried and failed but hopefully this is it, have been doing really well these past 2 weeks.
  • lizvong
    Options
    Thank you @lee658‌
    @brendahughes37679‌ keep at it! Its hard but
  • lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So I mentioned how hard it can be to keep a routine up on a business trip. Well I'm on a business trip:-). 5 hr road trip and hotel. So far I have ate responsibly, and managed to get a 35 min workout in and surpassed my step goal yesterday. I hope to have another succesful day today:-). Wisjing a successful day to eveyone.