Pregnant mama looking to stay on track!

Options
Hi everyone! I am currently 15 weeks pregnant and really want to have a healthy pregnancy

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

Consider joining the pregnancy group here on MFP... there's lots of good info to be had there.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1903-fit-fabulous-pregnant
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I used MFP during my second pregnancy, and stayed pretty well on track. Good luck to you!
  • dreams828
    dreams828 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you! Just trying to figure out the correct calorie intake:)
  • anamerida7
    Options
    Hello!!! I'm 20 weeks pregnant and I'm trying to find out how many calories am I supposed to eat now that I'm pregnant... Can you give any advice? MFP helped me lose weight and have the weight I always wanted and then I got pregnant lol :) I'm trying to stay on track
  • dreams828
    dreams828 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to figure it out too but based on my diet before I would eat approx 1700 cals a day in maintenance mode so I'm thinking 2000 max I'm gonna see how that works out I'm 5'6' and started out at 134 I've gained 7 lbs already but I think because I was so strict in my diet before that my body is hanging on to everything!!!!
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think the general recommendation is around 300 extra calories, especially in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters. If you are logging in your food diary, you can search in the database for "pregnancy" and you can add it to your day--it will add negative calories (essentially increasing your daily max) to account for pregnancy.
  • noonietracks
    Options
    So basically depending on your height, you are supposed to consume around 2200 calories daily. I've set up a 2000 calorie diet goal (I'm 22 weeks today) because I'm 5'4 .. Short..

You can also give yourself nutrition goals.. It's essential to eat carbs, protein and fat.. My goals in percentage are 50% carbs, 25% fat And 25% protein..

But make sure you add - iron, vitamins and other important nutrients in what you eat above :)

I like eating 2 eggs and an avocado a day for example, they make up a good amount of your daily requirement! granola, bananas, sprouted toast, oatmeal for carbs.. Vegetables including potatoes, Etc.

Keep in touch if you're looking for preggie/mommy support!

All the best and congrats!
  • noonietracks
    Options
    D
    dreams828 wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure it out too but based on my diet before I would eat approx 1700 cals a day in maintenance mode so I'm thinking 2000 max I'm gonna see how that works out I'm 5'6' and started out at 134 I've gained 7 lbs already but I think because I was so strict in my diet before that my body is hanging on to everything!!!!

dont worry about your weight now.. You can always lose it later.. Better to have a healthy baby than an underweight, malnutritioned one. Baby weight is easy to lose later and you're perfectly fine(height).

Make sure you add some healthy fats in your diet like avocado and nuts.. Your baby and his/her growing brain needs it