New way of eating

Options
Started to get serious about my eating. Got rid of prepackaged foods and am doing a 80/20 whole foods program. Never felt like it was a diet. Takes more thought and time into making meals but so worth it. I haven't had heartburn in a month. I lost 6.4 lbs, but 10.2 inches. My new motto is, It's not only about the scales". That will come eventually. My exercise is limited because I have muscle and back issues. But I try to move more. That will come to as I lose. Thanks for letting me rant. I am using good fats like never before. Old school was low fat. Not anymore, cause they just replace fat with sugar which is soooo bad. Fat is my new friend, but in a good way. hehe

Replies

• LINDAT0808
    LINDAT0808 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I have cleaned up my eating but I need to clean it up some more, still have to have my daily pepsi. Gotta get rid of that!
  • mlh357
    mlh357 Posts: 28
    Options
    Great job!!! Feels so good when you can see and feel the progress!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Best wishes!! you can do this!! And, yes, fat is good!!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I'm just excited to see what they demonize next after sugar. I'm putting money on sodium but who knows maybe it will be food dyes or protein or something really exotic.

Glad to hear things are working for you! And losing weight helps with back issues. Good luck!
  • KathyDRichard
    KathyDRichard Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You all keep up the good work too
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and other successes. Yes, when the food manufacturing geniuses learned we didn't want fat in our foods, they replaced them with sugar. We kept eating the same snacks and what not, and probably their calorie content went up, who knows.

The lipid hypothesis really did a number on us.

I also try to build a nutrient dense diet based around whole foods, and limit my consumption of heavily refined foods with lots of added sugar. Been doing it for a LONG time. It makes things so much easier for me.

Best of luck on your continued success.
  • JAMESGRADY
    JAMESGRADY Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Every time I use this app ,I am successful. The minute I stop the weight comes back. My preference is to eat what I want. I just try to make healthy choices and count calories.
  • MakePeasNotWar
    MakePeasNotWar Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss :)

I have started eating a lot more whole foods lately and I feel so much better for it. I have more energy than before and I rarely get gallbladder attacks even though I am eating more fats from nuts and seeds.

Don't get too caught up in avoiding sugars; fruit is full of sugar but also tons of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. Sugar can be your friend too :)