Last 10 lbs

Options
fteale
fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
I know I have posted this before, but MFP has just reset my calories back to 1200 (it bumped me up to 1220 for a few weeks!), and I don't think I can stick that low. I am still on 1 lb a week projected weight loss, not that I have managed that at all, it's been much slower, but should I be switching to 1/2 a lb loss for the last 10? Or is it ok to stick at 1 lb?

Replies

• coderedcoderedjkjk
    Options
    Stay with 1 pound, just make sure to exercise so your able to eat more. Like I'm never able to eat 1200 calories, so I exercise and burn off around 500 so I'm able to make it without starving.
  • cm40
    cm40 Posts: 30
    Options
    I think 1,200 is too low. Too close to the minimum recommended.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    It did that to me too and I was exhausted with that few calories! I manually put it back up to 1300 and now my projected is like .8 per week and I'm ok with that! I have more energy and yes I eat my exercise calories too, so some days I get to eat close to 2000!!! Makes me happy and I don't care how long it takes anyway, it's not a race for me!
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    I'm on the last 12.

From a past ( and not overweight) life.
    Yes, it will become more difficult, but certainly not THAT hard.

My thoughts are:
    1. Learn what foods your body likes.
    2. Learn how NOT gain weight.

And when these are accomplished: get the weight off!!

How about being even more aggressive. Go for 2.5 lbs a week . Try radical for 1 month.

Eat 1200 calories. Walk or jog for 30 mins in the am and do a strength video or lift weights in the evening.
    ( or vs versus).

It might be easier not to fail when you crank super hard for a short time and see decent results the. To sprawl it out into infinity.
    And since you know how to eat to keep it off, once it's gone its done.

Just a solid plan with a different momentum.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last 12.

From a past ( and not overweight) life.
    Yes, it will become more difficult, but certainly not THAT hard.

My thoughts are:
    1. Learn what foods your body likes.
    2. Learn how NOT gain weight.

And when these are accomplished: get the weight off!!

How about being even more aggressive. Go for 2.5 lbs a week . Try radical for 1 month.

Eat 1200 calories. Walk or jog for 30 mins in the am and do a strength video or lift weights in the evening.
    ( or vs versus).

It might be easier not to fail when you crank super hard for a short time and see decent results the. To sprawl it out into infinity.
    And since you know how to eat to keep it off, once it's gone its done.

Just a solid plan with a different momentum.

I like the idea, but I have a marathon walk and a 10k race both next month, so I really can't be massively aggressive with the weight loss.
  • Firewhirrrl
    Firewhirrrl Posts: 144
    Options
    True. That is a lot of extrem exercise requiring calories in itself.

Ok. So something I did to loose weight when I was not countin the calories:::
    1. Add lemon to your water.
    2. Steer away from wheat. Maybe try rice noodles or spelt.
    Easier to digest. And wheat has an odd effect for a lot of people.
    3. Go for soups for supper. And put in vegetables, beans, rice and or rice noodles..

Also there are buckwheat noodles... Lots of different things to play with.
    Try new grains such as oat... Different flours. Garbonzo bean flour, almond flour. Oat flour...

Try quinoa.
    For me, I lost fifteen pounds in 1.5 months just by not eating wheat.
    Also: maybe replace milk and dairy with rice milk/ almond milk.

Just some ideas when calories are needed.