Belly Fat, help!

Options
Hi guys and gals!

First off, this is one heck of a community! Everyone is always so helpful and informative.

Here is my issue: I started my new eating habits on Jan. 2nd. I started weighing in around 184 -187. Last Monday I weighed 174. My goal is to reach 160-165 with a flat tummy area. I can see I have lost weight, my clothes fits good, shirts look good and I am also building some muscle. However, my belly has seen minimal reduction.

It's hard to stay motivated especially when I hit the gym 5-6 times per week with a total body or high intensity cardio work out and my stomach is slowly seeing results.

Any advice ? Any suggestions? I want a flat stomach, abs showing if possible but I am losing motivation. I eat clean, I work out hard and I never splurge. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    suggestions? keep going bud you're doing great...
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    The only thing you're dong wrong is being impatient ;)

You're putting in the effort, the work is showing just not as fast as you want. Give it more time, you have to be at a pretty athletic body fat % to have abs show and that won't happen overnight.

Wash, rinse, repeat, give it some more time and those abs will show :D
  • susieg39
    Options
    Well done in your success. I am starting (again) today and need the stomach to go too!
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the replys! Ugh I guess I miss a lot of the old foods I would have as well and not the super bowl tomorrow! Lol it all adds up and makes me impatient. I just want to get to my goal and maintain after that. I eliminate burgers, fries, pizza to get to my goal faster. :s
  • brdnw
    brdnw Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    i'm down to 15% bodyfat and still get annoyed with my stomache, it's just the last place you lose your fat, it just takes time.
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I've been thin and underweight yet still my stomach area had more than it should
  • rmyers14
    rmyers14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You will get there. Remember not to deprive yourself of the foods you like. You can have a cheat meal here and there, just make it fit into your daily macros.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I have been doing this 6 or 7 months, have lost close to 40 pounds, but only 1 inch from my midsection. So frustrating.
  • quickjeff
    quickjeff Posts: 31 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    @‌rmyers14

Thanks for the motivation, my fear is losing my gains so far with a cheat meal.
    rmyers14 wrote: »
    You will get there. Remember not to deprive yourself of the foods you like. You can have a cheat meal here and there, just make it fit into your daily macros.