Life after Couch to 5K, what's next?

Options
What types of training programs has anyone tried after completing the C25K program? I am thinking about starting it all over, but doing it more like a high intensity training, has anyone done that?

Replies

• fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Try a 10k training program.
  • leslielove
    leslielove Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    The same people have a 10K and half-marathon training program. I think its called Bridge to 10K maybe?
  • buhller
    buhller Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    After I finished the C25k last year, I started training for a half marathon, using this: http://www.halhigdon.com/halfmarathon/novice.htm. I liked getting into the habit of doing a long run on Sundays, and it's a good transition from the C25k. Don't be afraid to repeat weeks, especially early on as your muscles are still getting used to the distances.

Good luck!
  • justann
    justann Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    The same people have a 10K and half-marathon training program. I think its called Bridge to 10K maybe?

Yes, Bridge to 10K is the name. I just started it a couple days ago.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    I did an intermediate 5k training program and then moved on to 10k and 1/2 marathon.
  • srp2011
    srp2011 Posts: 1,829 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like the 5K distance and didn't want to train for half or full marathons, so I've continued with 5K training programs that help to increase your speed - if you look around on the internet, you can find intermediate and advanced 5K training schedules - basically you lengthen your once a week long run, and add some speed or hill work into your other workouts.
  • abaljack
    abaljack Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies!!!!

srp2011 that is what I am thinking. I have been doing 5k mud runs like the Warrior Dash and would like to increase my speed. I like the 5k distance, may do a 10k at the end of the year but I am wanting to concentrate on getting faster.

Thanks again all!