Yoga

Options
How can I properly log yoga as an excercise ?? Not giving me very good options

Replies

• Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. So I actually bought myself a Polar watch with a HR band cause I wanted to know how much I was burning. Going to different sites and figuring out my weight x length of video x ... was so frustrating. So once I got the Polar watch I would add the exercises into the app/site and once it knew it, I just adjusted it everytime my workouts changed.
  • pallascleary
    pallascleary Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    I had the same issue. So I actually bought myself a Polar watch with a HR band cause I wanted to know how much I was burning. Going to different sites and figuring out my weight x length of video x ... was so frustrating. So once I got the Polar watch I would add the exercises into the app/site and once it knew it, I just adjusted it everytime my workouts changed.
    Unfortunately HRM's aren't accurate at reading anaerobic exercise. It bases it's readings off HR and even just watching a scary movie or suspenseful drama can make one's heart beat faster without significantly using more calories.
    From experience, not many burn more than 350-400 calories for 90 minutes of yoga.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]

• pallascleary
    Options
    Good to know, thank you bet much!
  • MysticalMJ
    MysticalMJ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So yoga isn't even listed as a strength exercise? I guess they have never done the yoga I do.
  • pallascleary
    Options
    Not thst I can find