snacks what do you have

Options
hi im really trying to change my eating habits to try and keep under my daily allowance and struggling a bit. One area i am stuck on are snacks for work, i love fruit but that is high in sugar, i need quick snacky things to have when im a bit peckish in the afternoon. i dont eat meat, but i love dairy products,

anyone got any ideas or can tell me what you have, its so hard as i dont know how many calories im burning up at work, im on my feet most of the time [im a nurse] and today i was really busy and got quite hungry this pm, but as i haven't done any exercise today [rest day] my diary log isnt looking too good as im in a negative balance for calories even though ive been on the go most of the afternoon

thanks in advance

Replies

• jordanify
    jordanify Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I usually do fruit in the morning and a variety of nuts in the afternoon. I also love cheese and raw veggies. I've read that a small daily serving of nuts helps your body release fat stores plus they're very satisfying. Good luck!
  • mantababe
    mantababe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i do have all them, cheese is a BIG downfall of mine so im trying to be careful, and unfort i dont like eating the low fat soap lol

what do you consider a smal serving of nuts?
  • jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i make little yummy balls out of dates and oats and add in chopped nuts, cocoa or coconut (or all of them) then throw them in the fridge and have one when I fancy a little sweet snack :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Don't worry too much about sugar unless you have a medical condition - ignore the sugar level in the diary - have fruit if you want it.

I like an apple and a couple of cheesestring as a snack myself :bigsmile:
  • mantababe
    mantababe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i eat quite a bit of fruit at work ive been trying to replace it for veg due to the sugar, i tend to need a lot of snacks at work due to how busy we are, some days its non stop so im burning it and need things to replace my energy
  • Kendall2006
    Kendall2006 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Have you ever heard of 21 Day Fix? It's an awesome program that helps you with your eating as well as the calorie count. I'm planning on doing it in February.
  • Ellada98
    Options
    Hello any good snaks to suggest to loose belly fat faster ?
  • vinmac702
    vinmac702 Posts: 3
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My snack is my 1pm meal... bsn syntha 6 vanilla and a quest bar...good calorie intake good macros. And if I need a snack throughout the day which I normally don't cuz I eat every 3 hours. I'll do a hard boiled egg with or with out the yolk or another quest bar.
  • stephdeeday
    stephdeeday Posts: 43 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Cottage cheese
    Veggies and hummus
    Cheese and crackers
    Chocolate milk
    Banana
    Pickles or olives
    Nuts
    A slice of toast with peanut butter
    Yogurt and berries

Sometimes I make myself a little snack plate - 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 8 almonds, 5 olives, 3 pickles and some cucumber. It feels like I'm eating a decent amount of food but its still only 200/250 calories.

ETA - granola/protein bars. Forgot about them because I've never been a fan of any kind of bars except chocolate, haha, but they are a great snack - especially if you're lacking calories.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Get some snack-sized plastic baggies, and a digital food scale. Measure out single servings of nuts, cheese, berries, pickles, chips, crackers or anything else that is small finger-food, into the baggies. I mark mine with a sharpie to say how many calories is in it, and if it's something with an expiration date, like cheese, I put the date on there.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    My favorite is to spread hummus on 1/2 of a whole grain sandwich flat. I may add cucumber, spinach, feta or roasted peppers. It's hearty, low calorie & keeps me full until the next meal.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt (Dannon Light and Fit is considerably lower in sugar than most others), light string cheese, veggies, air popped or 94% fat free popcorn.

I only use the sugar report on MFP to make me aware of how much added sugar I'm consuming. I don't worry if it's coming from fruit or other natural sources, but it did open my eyes to how much added sugar was in the yogurt I used to buy.
  • tlblood
    tlblood Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Ellada98 wrote: »
    Hello any good snaks to suggest to loose belly fat faster ?

Sadly, you can't lose belly fat faster... :(
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about the sugar content in fruit. MFP sets sugar goals way too low, IMO. I'd suggest changing the your diary to start tracking fiber instead of sugar.

Snacks I eat a lot are:

apples (with or without peanut butter)
    bananas
    oranges
    seasonal berries
    protein shake with frozen fruit blended to make a smoothie
    hummus and veggies
    boiled egg
    lunch meat and a slice of cheese
    whole wheat toast with peanut butter or cream cheese
    cottage cheese (with chopped fruit or veggies mixed in, or on toast or with crackers)

• Victoriamrs
    Victoriamrs Posts: 99 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Raw veggies and hummus
    Pitta bread with hummus
    Fruit
    Nuts
    Nuts & dried fruit
    Sliced tomato and crumbled feta cheese
    Edamame
    Small Popcorn (Salted)
    Yogurt (add fruit and or nuts/seeds)
    Grilled fish (shrimps/prawns/salmon) with a side salad
    Homemade flapjacks http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2807671/healthier-flapjacks http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/flapjack
    Cup of homemade veggie soup
    homemade grilled chicken kebabs with veggies
    Boiled eggs

Good luck!

• MissVictoriaG
    MissVictoriaG Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Im on home health nurse so i understand eat on the go/ snacking at work. Really do we get a hour to sit down and enjoy lunch?LOL.. Im big on fruit loving avocado with lemon & sea salt, sliced strawberries, golden apple, or dry fruit mix. Sliced cucumbers in Italian dressing are good, also the small colorful tomatoes very good.