making progress

Options
so in the past to weeks ive lost about 8 pounds im just getting started so i know this is water weight and all, kinda had a big cheat day yesterday sadly but getting back to the grind today i just wanna really know what the steady weight loss per week will be like after the first month or the water weight phase ?

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    You really shouldn't expect a "steady" weekly loss! Some weeks you'll lose more, some weeks less, and some weeks you may even gain. The key is that the long term trend is down :). With 44 lbs to lose, you should be aiming for @ 1 lb per week.

And great job getting right back on track after an off day, that's might be the most important part of losing weight - don't get discouraged and give up when you hit those bumps in the road...
  • Chrisparadise579
    Chrisparadise579 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    whats up! awesome job on those first 8lbs! so 1-2lbs per week is the best rate to lose at, try not to have cheat days though, if you want to eat something, then no problem jsut make it fit into your calories and macros, havent had a cheat day in a year, but during that time ive had beer, ice cream, and fried chicken. Good luck man, your gonna kick some butt
  • multiflower1234
    multiflower1234 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    im trying to eliminate the idea of a cheat day, but not cheat meals and i still try to not let them go over my macros, yesterday was a bit eccentric though. gonna try my best to stick with my diet and squeeze in a cheat meal every once or twice a week as to help not give up.