Looking for HCG Friends

Options
Is there anyone out there using HCG to aid in their weight loss journey?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I tried it before joining MFP and for me, it was a big mistake, and I am so thankful I stopped and found MFP instead. I'm not going to go on a big rant about it, as I'm sure other people probably will, but be careful if you try it. Be safe. Do it under the care of a doctor if you are determined to do it. I almost fainted numerous times on that diet. I was cranky, and I mean, CRANKY. I had horrendous headaches. The hunger pains, well, they were unbearable. I'm only one of millions who have tried it. I know it has rave reviews, but there really have not been enough studies on it and it's not FDA approved for weight loss. Best of luck to you whatever you do!
  • pursuerofjoy
    pursuerofjoy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I did 3-4 rounds last year and got off that last 30 pounds. Lost a total of abot 62 pounds over several years. I have fluctuated 5-10 pounds as my body is finding it's comfortable place. It was a big help for me. I also coupled it with some good counseling. There is always a reason we eat... If you have any questions, feel free to ask away. I have lots of little tricks I used. Good luck.
  • KarenB4G
    KarenB4G Posts: 252
    Options
    Thanks for link, responses and advice!!!
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    The HCG diet is very dangerous. I know people that did it, and they were suffering the whole time they were on 500 calories. They were so tired that they could barely get through the day, and were hungry most of the time. Anc once they finished the diet, the weight they went to all that trouble to lose came right back. In over 50 years, no scientific proof has been found to support the theory behind the HCG diet.

If you already invested your money in the homeopathic drops, they probably wouldn't do any harm if you use them with a safe eating plan of at least 1,200 calories. But eating 500 calories a day and putting your trust in the HCG weight loss theory is just NOT worth the risk.

When people do manage to lose weight on this diet and keep it off, it's probably just because they eliminated a food from their diet they had a sensitivity to that was making them fat, and did not reintroduce it once they were finished. But you could do that on an elimination diet or a clean eating diet without have to torture yourself with a 500 calorie diet or risk your health on unproven, unscientific theories

.The website below has some good links to why the HCG diet is a very bad idea and dangerous to your health.
    http://www.tucsonmedical.com/pages/hcg.php
  • KarenB4G
    KarenB4G Posts: 252
    Options
    Day 19 and down 13 and found lots of supportive people!!!
  • Jill_Clemmons
    Options
    A HCG weight loss journey is a very dangerous journey. I hope and pray you decide to take a safer weight loss journey instead.