Excruciating Back Pain

Options
I need your expertise for something not really having to do with weight loss. I am having horrible back pain. I can't sleep, because I can't lay on my back more than 30 minutes at a time. Then when I move to my stomach to get rid of the pain, I have the same pain that comes on in the same place 30 minutes later. Same if I sleep on my side. I am dying here!! Sometimes I can't even sit because it hurts so bad. The pain is right where my back meets my butt. Nothing I do is getting rid of the pain. I was thinking about going to a massage therapist, but I'm not sure... Also thought about a chiropractor, but that scares me. Any advice?

Replies

• DeeTee68
    DeeTee68 Posts: 198 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Yeah, go to a Physio or Chiropractor you need professional help to find out the cause. Folks on here can advice but no one can actually help other than the professionals mentioned.

The following link may be of some use:http://www.patient.co.uk/health/nonspecific-lower-back-pain-in-adults
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    There are a number of different issues it can be. It is impossible to diagnose online. Find a physiotherapist.

While a massage therapist can be useful, one issue I had last year with my lower back would not have been helped by a massage therapist.
  • Soon2BeMrsSherriff
    Soon2BeMrsSherriff Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Ok, I know that no one can diagnose my problem over the internet. I just didn't know which way to turn in regards to the correct type of doctor. Thank you very much for your advice