Crying for no reason?

Options
Anyone else find themselves getting unusually emotional on this weight loss journey? I've been surprised to find myself in tears a few times - I'm not sure why - thinking it has to do with the weight loss though - latest example - I listen to NPR and my favorite thing on air is Garrision Keiller (sp?) reading a poem every day. I love that poem. Today I started crying and found the poem incredibly sad - that's never happened before.

Curious if I'm on my own on this one...

Replies

• DSFfit
    DSFfit Posts: 133 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would get really randomly teary when working out and dieting. I discovered if I met my protein goals for the days instead of being way low with it I was less teary. There was, for me at least, a definite correlation between my diet and moodiness.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    I once cried because a cat video was so cute, and I couldn't handle it. Wish I was joking.

I don't know if you can directly tie it in to weight loss. I would just say to own it; nothing wrong with a poem making you feel an emotion and having a reaction to it!
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    *shrugs* I cry when I watched Blade Runner last night. I think it's just being really responsive to the art. And hey, why not?

I doubt it has anything to do with your diet particularly.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    BREAKING BAD SPOILER ALERT!

I cried when Walt died on BB. Actually I balled my eyes out. Then I ate some chocolate...

I doubt that crying is diet related unless there are other emotional issues surrounding your weight loss.
  • missiontofitness
    Options
    I cried when Walt died on Breaking Bad. Actually I balled my eyes out. Then I ate some chocolate...

I doubt that crying is diet related unless there are other emotional issues surrounding your weight loss.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Breaking Bad's 2nd half of the last season because I don't want it to be over.

Plus the internet ruined it for me and told me everyone I loved on that show died. :( (Not you, haha. Unfortunately most sites have never heard of spoiler warnings right after the final episode airs!)
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Yep. I feel as though I am more sensitive to comments and things that I find relative to me that bring back memories of whatever that it may be.

Yes especially when I am changing my life.
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I posted a similar question when I started MFP a few months ago and nothing has changed! I think a big part is that I wasn't used to hunger, and now when I feel hungry it's real! I get really emotional, dramatic and unreasonable when I'm really hungry. It's pretty much the same as when I haven't slept well for a few days!
    Plus, restricting calories is never a fun thing to do so it's bound to have an affect on emotions!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    We were watching Doctor Who on Netflix today. Wilf gets me every time.

He did that before I was dieting, though.
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    I have had my eyes tear up while working out randomly...other than that, nothing out of the norm.
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    I cried when Walt died on Breaking Bad. Actually I balled my eyes out. Then I ate some chocolate...

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch Breaking Bad's 2nd half of the last season because I don't want it to be over.

Plus the internet ruined it for me and told me everyone I loved on that show died. :( (Not you, haha. Unfortunately most sites have never heard of spoiler warnings right after the final episode airs!)

Oh crap! I probably should have thought of the spoiler thing. Sorry. B)

It finished here ages ago but I never got to watch it on cable. My sister gave me the complete series at Christmas and I have been obsessed by it. In fact some nights, I was even dreaming about it!

I actually took a little break during the final season because I knew it would be bad. Then I just bit the bullet. The final song....sob....has a whole new meaning for me now. :'(
  • missiontofitness
    Options

Oh crap! I probably should have thought of the spoiler thing. Sorry. B)

It finished here ages ago but I never got to watch it on cable. My sister gave me the complete series at Christmas and I have been obsessed by it. In fact some nights, I was even dreaming about it!

I actually took a little break during the final season because I knew it would be bad. Then I just bit the bullet. The final song....sob....has a whole new meaning for me now. :'(

No problemo! By now, everyone else (but me) should have seen it. I really can't understand why I still can't watch it one year out, though!

I used to binge watch it though..once got the entire first season done in one day. Finished at sunrise, haha.
  • Desi2479
    Desi2479 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    We were watching Doctor Who on Netflix today. Wilf gets me every time.

He did that before I was dieting, though.

Me too! If I can get through almost any episode of Doctor Who without tearing up it's a big thing for me.

(And now I shall go back to lurking and never commenting. The Doctor will bring me out every time though)
  • myfatass78
    myfatass78 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Last time around I reduced my carbs a fair bit and then decided to go into Subway on a whim. The first bite into that Sub bought a river of tears and I just burst out crying for no real reason lol
  • scorpiophoenix
    scorpiophoenix Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I've had this happen a few times while doing cardio. Nothing emotional going on in my head, but tears just streaming down my face. I attributed it to emotional baggage stored in my fat being released.
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have a couple of days each month where I cry for no reason...
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Yes, that happens to me. But it's because I have suffered from depression since I was in elementary school/junior high, so.... unrelated to my food intake. Eating too little can make me more irritable though.
  • caryb2015
    caryb2015 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes, this happened to me. I figured it was because I wasn't distracting myself with overeating "eating my feelings".
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've cried a few times. But it almost always had something to do with seeing my body change and being confused. I cried today when I realized I am smaller and weigh less than I did in middle school. Otherwise, I'm just emotional about daily life as before.
  • denanana
    denanana Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    Yeah, I've cried a few times. But it almost always had something to do with seeing my body change and being confused. I cried today when I realized I am smaller and weigh less than I did in middle school. Otherwise, I'm just emotional about daily life as before.

Congrats! That's an awesome accomplishment!

I started crying today when the youtube video I was working out to stopped working... For me it is diet related simply because I'm frustrated with the process. :neutral_face:

• azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    That sounds hormonal.

Diet shouldn't cause uncontrollable/unexplainable crying.