Needing some advice and motivation

Options
When I started this journey I needed to loose 100+ lbs. Almost a year into this journey, and I realize I have only lost 20lbs. So realizing this, I kicked my game up and got serious; sticking strictly to a calorie consumption of 1,200- 1,400. today at weigh in my scale said I gained 2lbs and gained an inch on my waist and hips. Does anyone have any tips or tricks to help get over the plateau and to not gain weight. I have done everything by the book and at this point I am very discouraged. help!

Replies

• jessypug
    jessypug Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What's your normal days eating? Open your diary so we can have a look and give you some tips :smiley:
  • quilt938
    quilt938 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    are you doing any exercise? your metabolism can slow down if you're not eatingm uch and not adding in smoe cardio so your body doesn't plateau. I usually stick around 1500 per day and don't beat myself up for going over or under a bit. i also do light/moderate cardio and/or a little stretchy yoga to help with stress
  • Carey125
    Carey125 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I do cardio 5xs a week. Anywhere from 30-60 minutes.
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Have you tried upping your calorie intake? I know on heavy workout days I usually jump up to a minimim of 1600 calories to support that work.

Also not sure if you do strength training but I would put a focus on that - it will help rev up your metabolism.

Good luck!
  • Cobrianna_Risner
    Options
    I'd make sure that the majority of what you're eating is healthy and your digestive system is in order. Also 22 pounds is better than none and something you should definitely be proud of :smile: