Options
2»

Replies

• olinbp
    olinbp Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    NikonPal wrote: »
    segacs wrote: »
    Totally depends on you. Some people like to have big breakfasts and lunches and just snack at dinner. Others prefer to save more of their calories for their evening meal. Still others prefer to have multiple smaller meals throughout the day.

They're your calories. You can spend them any which way you like. You just can't spend more of them than you have.

Exactly!

I am different than many people. I try to keep my breakfast calorie count low and then work up from there -- of course low calorie does not need to mean poor nutrition or hunger. This was today's breakfast:

20150131_091346_breakfast%20blank_zpsrdwn6hvh.jpg

73641431.png

Wow that looks absolutely amazing and delicious!!!
  • NikonPal
    NikonPal Posts: 1,346 Member
    Options
    Thanks - It was almost repeated today -- LOL

20150201_072823_breakfast_blank_edited-1_zps13btwkdj.jpg
  • girlviernes
    girlviernes Posts: 2,402 Member
    Options
    My meals are usually 400-500 calories.
  • aubreyjordan
    aubreyjordan Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Mine are between 200-450 calories.
  • diegops1
    diegops1 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I snack through the day but I generally eat 200 to 400 before noon and then go on my hour walk. I generally eat 200 to 400 between noon and 4 pm and then another 400 to 500 between 4pm and 7pm. I feel sick if I eat much over 100 calories at 6 am when I leave for work, so morning calories tend to be spread out more than the afternoon ones.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    My breakfast runs between 250-500 calories depending on my intended morning activity level. Lunches usually hover around 550 calories, and dinners are my heavy meal -- typically between 650 and 800 calories.

Usually I have about half my calories between lunch and breakfast and the rest with dinner and maybe a snack if I feel like it.
  • pmanney
    pmanney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Totally depends on you. Some people like to have big breakfasts and lunches and just snack at dinner. Others prefer to save more of their calories for their evening meal. Still others prefer to have multiple smaller meals throughout the day.

They're your calories. You can spend them any which way you like. You just can't spend more of them than you have.

--That having been said, with certain health problems you cannot "save up" certain foods and eat them all at once--as a diabetic, doing so to all my carbohydrates would mean trouble for me!

I tend to leave my heavy eating toward the end of the day, usually due to the frantic pace of the day itself. If I eat too much for lunch or breakfast, also--or eat late--I do not want to eat the succeeding meal at the appropriate time, as I am still full.

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Total daily calories, are all that matter.
  • Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Anywhere from 350-600 calories for meals and 100-200 calories per snack. And (except for milk) I only drink unsweetened tea or water.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    You're looking at this all wrong. Like, how do you know you're not getting too many calories with some SPOONFULS and not enough calories with others?
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually do about 200 for breakfast, 500ish for lunch, and the rest for dinner and an evening snack/dessert. I prefer to eat the most in the evenings. I would skip breakfast, but it's an easy way to get in protein and fruit (yogurt smoothie), and it keeps me from getting jittery from my required morning coffee infusion.