I literally dont know how to stop eating snacks

Options
when my mom brings home snacks i just eat everything and cant stop? I dont know what to do? I dont want to tell her to stop bringing them i want to learn how to moderate my intake ???????? idk how cause once i start going i cant stop

Replies

• techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Try dividing the snacks into baggies and grab one bag. Just make sure one bag is equal to one portion. If you are lazy like I am, put them on a really high shelf or do something to make them a little difficult to get to. Snacks are a lot less tempting if you have to work for them. lol
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    What's your fat and protein goal like? I find these two macros keep me fuller longer when I hit my daily goals, or as close to them as possible. If you're fuller, it may help curb the need to mindlessly snack.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    techgal128 wrote: »
    Try dividing the snacks into baggies and grab one bag. Just make sure one bag is equal to one portion. If you are lazy like I am, put them on a really high shelf or do something to make them a little difficult to get to. Snacks are a lot less tempting if you have to work for them. lol

Yep. And to piggyback off this, write the calorie and macro allotment on it as well. If you see that two Oreos are going to put you back x amount of calories, x amount of fat, x amount of carbs, ect, it may help you from reaching for more and more bags. Having a visual can be helpful.

• mooncoffeebeam
    Options
    What's your fat and protein goal like? I find these two macros keep me fuller longer when I hit my daily goals, or as close to them as possible. If you're fuller, it may help curb the need to mindlessly snack.
    I have 40 fat points and 60 protein points if that is what you are asking
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to slowly eat the snacks so you really taste them. You might find you don't actually like the taste.