Headphones

Options
I run a lot and right now I'm using the apple earbuds that don't stay in very well. I'm trying to decided between buying a cheaper pair (bluedio q5) or a more expensive pair (plantronics backbeat pro 2) I'm hoping to eventually but the dash but those don't come out for awhile. If you guys have any better headphones that don't break the bank too bad reply with them.

Replies

• michaelascharf
    michaelascharf Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try ear skins. They run about $10 on Amazon and cover the Apple Ear Pods. I have found them very good... they improve the fit and staying power as well as move the sound into the ear....

YMMV, but I like them.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I can't wear Apple's earbuds either - they fall right out if I laugh, yawn, turn my head too fast... :p

I have a set I got on clearance at Target or somewhere about five years ago - Phillips or Sony - some that came with three different sizes of the little silicone buds so I could choose the ones that fit the best. They don't cost more than 20 bucks, less if you catch a sale, so not a huge expense. They work great for me, stay in no problem when I run.

Good luck!
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I don't run, but I was looking for an earbud that was more comfortable to use for long days of thesis writing and other grad school stuff. My friend suggested Yurbuds - they're made for runners and they twist into your ear so they stay. They sell ones that are made for women or people with smaller ears, but I think they all come with two cover sizes so you can switch them out. I really like them & have been using them for awhile now!

I got mine on Amazon for $20-something I think, but I have seen them at Ross, Marshall's, & TJ Maxx recently for like $13!
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I really like Yurbuds Inspire earbuds. I've been rocking a pair that cost me around $25. They're super comfortable and never fall out of my ears!
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have the LG tone bluetooth headset. I love that thing. I can pause and skip tracks from the headset, and can, if I choose to, field a phone call with it.

After going bluetooth, I will never do wired headphones again.
  • Level1Vegan
    Level1Vegan Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the LG tone bluetooth headset. I love that thing. I can pause and skip tracks from the headset, and can, if I choose to, field a phone call with it.

After going bluetooth, I will never do wired headphones again.

is the LG good for running?

I had a meltdown the other day when my music was too loud & I had my gloves on and couldn't get my phone out of the tiny pocket at the back on my trousers. I had to stop.... oooh I was cross!

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Anything with silicone tips helps them stay in. Also, you can thread the cord through your shirt if you're not already doing that. So as to avoid catching the cord on your arms or whatever and pulling them out.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I have a no-name Bluetooth headset from Amazon that I ONLY wear for running and I completely agree that once you go Bluetooth, you'll never go back. I keep my earbuds in my ears with a Buff headband over my ears. This also catches my sweat and keeps my hair from getting nasty.