Jillian michaels 30 day shred.

Options
I wanna start the 30 day shred tomorrow. Has anyone done it and completed it? If so can u post ur success stories and/or pictures here please. Thanks!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,618 Member
    Options
    I have 30 Day Shred and Ripped in 30. Both are good. I've done a month of each and I do them randomly between other workouts. You can see some of my pictures on my profile, but not any "befores".
    I think 30 Day Shred was the first dvd I bought when I started on mfp. I did the workouts, along with some running. I then added some extra push-ups and crunches, then added some weight machines and treadmill.
    I have to add that I don't usually do a week of one workout before switching to the next level. I might have the first time around, but not now. I hate doing the same thing every day, so I'm more likely to do 1-3 three days/wk for 3 weeks, or to mix them with other dvds.
  • MysticRealm
    MysticRealm Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I did it. I got results and overall like it. However it was KILLER on my knees, and I am young, not obese, and have never had issues with my knees.
  • christiec2015
    Options
    I want to do it...had the DVD for a while, but we've got noisy wooden floorboards so the neighbours might think we've got a herd of elephants!!
  • shellssz
    shellssz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I did it a few months ago and had success (at 2 months post partum). I am doing it again now; on day 21 (and I am 10 months post partum). I've lost 14lbs so far this time. The workouts are pretty good but you still need to be eating right to see results. Good luck!!
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I don't have any pics, but I have done the 30DS in the past and it's a great workout! (I echo the sentiment that it can be a killer on the knees....)
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I've done I lost five pounds my picks are in my profile I did 30 day shred right after I finished body revolution. I've also done ripped in 30. She tough but she gets the job done
  • meg192327
    meg192327 Posts: 164 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I did the 30 day shred a few months ago and combined it with walking 3 miles a day. I already lost inches in my legs from walking for a month, but I couldn't go down to the next pant size bc of my waist (hadn't lost hardly any inches), so I stared doing the 30 Day Shred also. I started out doing it 3 days a week at first, then I was able to do it every day along with my walking, and after about a month, I was finally able to from a size 16/18 in the waist to a 14 in the waist and the legs. Now I am in between a 12/14 and haven't done it since before Christmas but am thinking about slowly incorporating it back into my exercising. But yes, you do need good diet and do watch your form, it can hurt your knees if not careful... I could only ever do Level 1 bc of my lower back.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    The 30 day shred is great! I really enjoyed it.

Unfortunately I alternate workouts throughout the week (ie running and 30ds) rather than only doing one at a time, so the results I saw would not be attributed only to that particular workout series.
  • SamanthaRMichel
    SamanthaRMichel Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the ripped in 30 right now :) I love it... It is a very good workout and I like that it's not very long. Starting week 4 tomorrow!!!
  • Caroline244
    Caroline244 Posts: 56 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Congrats on getting started!!! That's awesome!!!! I just started week 1 of Ripped in 30 yesterday; it's not easy, but boy is it worth it :smiley: Keep at it!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    KindaSortaKaty has a group going here that starts TODAY!!! Just like you:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102479-30-day-shred-february-2015

Lots of motivated people getting their fitness on. My profile pic is my start and 1 week result....I am currently on workout #12 staying on level one and increased to 5 pound weights. I can't do many of the advanced things due to back/knees, but that is okay it is a great workout anyways! I won't be measuring until the end, but am sure I am smaller based on my clothes. My advice:take your before photos and your measurements, you won't be disappointed!
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    There are lots of 30DS before and afters on here if you click the search button at the top. I finished it and got great results...lost about 8 pounds.

That said...I'll also agree that it's hard on the knees. I never had issues with my knees before doing it and I wasn't very overweight when I did it, but I had issues for quite a while after finishing it, and they still sound funny going up or down stairs now.
  • Kuly85
    Kuly85 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    How much body fat you lose? Congrats on weightloss.
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I completed it last year and lost about 10 lbs. I'm currently in the middle of it again (L3 D1) and so far I am down 7lbs in the three weeks since I started.

I do it everyday and do each level 10 times in a row. I absolutely feel stronger and am seeing the results on the scale, so it keeps me motivated.

I will say that this DVD is what you make of it. If you take it easy, then you may not see the same results. You really have to work on your form and your intensity. I also watch my diet and I do not eat back my exercise calories unless I feel like my body really needs something more on that day.

Good luck! This has been my "go-to" workout DVD for many years. It's totally doable!
  • Katelynn3675
    Options
    When I started my workouts, I used Slim in 6 & didn't see any substantial progress. After a year of sticking to it, I finally gave up & bought the Jillian 30 day shred & Ripped in 30. I had done the shred & ripped about a year ago. When I started, I was in a size 24. Within about 2 months I dropped down to a 16. I was also juicing for breakfast, salad for lunch & a healthy dinner. I started going to the gym & was surprised at how well I advanced. Then it happened... I came down with shingles & had to stop working out so hard. Ended up in a funk & stopped all together. I didn't gain too much back & am planning to start back up this week. I love Jillian's videos! They deliver results if you really put your heart & serious effort into changing your life. Praying for all of us to reach & maintain our goals!
  • ProjectEm
    ProjectEm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I did the 30 day Shred about 4 years ago and had great success. I agree that it was hard on the knees. Over time, my body adjusted and I was rockin' out on Level 3. I'm now doing Ripped in 30 and am liking it even more than the 30 day Shred. I like the 30-second intervals for strength instead of the 1 minute intervals. More variety in the type of moves, and new moves I've never done before.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!