Starting TurboJam/C25K on 5/9/11! Any takers?

Options
2»

Replies

• robynrae_1
    robynrae_1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I keep starting and stoping the C25k program, maybe this time I will make it through.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Yay!! are we keeping to the planner that came with dvds? or are we picking and choosing?? Tried PK&J.. it tried to kill me..

I think that's up to you....I'm keeping with the planner that cam with the dvds. And I'm sticking to the C25K plan. So, yup, that'll be up to you whether you do the 10 day kick start, the beginner plan, the advanced plan, or just do your own thing.
  • kdsmith
    kdsmith Posts: 250
    Options
    I just got the TurboJam from a friend and have never done it before...I'd love to join in and start it with you tomorrow, I need some serious exercise to get ready for summer weather!
    Kim
  • MaddameKat
    MaddameKat Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    cool, i'm SO excited.. feel like part of a team now :)

Kim - welcome, please do join us!!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Welcome Kim! I'm so excited! Today is the first day of TurboJam/C25K! I've already done my C25K training this morning, and I'll be doing TurboJam later. Whoot!
  • Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Im in for the C25k. I was just thinking of starting this.
    I want to be able to run 2 miles with my son this summer.
    How long does it take to be able to run 3 miles?
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Im in for the C25k. I was just thinking of starting this.
    I want to be able to run 2 miles with my son this summer.
    How long does it take to be able to run 3 miles?

Well, according to cool running's C25K plan, it takes about 9 weeks.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try TurboJam,,where did you order your dvd?:happy:

I got it from Beachbody.com...It's a pretty good price and it gives you a bunch of extras besides the workouts. You should go for it!

Go to Craigs List or ebay first. Here's what I paid on CL;

Turbo Jam $15 (new, not sealed) - retail $75

Chalen Exreme $25 (sealed, new) - retail $150

Turbo Fire $50 - retail $139 (sealed new, bonus package) BUT I declided to buy 3 from the guy, sell all 3 for $120 each and keep a copy for myself.

Insanity $0 - retail $150. My sister bought this for $30 and gave me a copy

30DS + banish fat... $0 - My sister bought this for $19 retail price and gave me a copy
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    heathersmilez, those are some good prices. Next time I order something, I should look into that.

I just finished my first TurboJam workout of the program! I'm doing the 10-day kick start as the first 10 days of my program, and then continuing with the beginning program on the 11th day. I'm going to try to stick as closely to the diet plan as possible, although since I'm doing more workouts then just TurboJam, I'm probably going to want to add a bit more food. But I'm hoping to see some awesome results after 10 days of these videos kicking my butt combined with the C25K program. Keep working, everyone!
  • kdsmith
    Options
    Major switch of plans for me...I was dreading putting in an exercise video when it was so nice outside, so I got my running clothes on and ran 6km instead...I think I`ll probably be sticking to my running now as I will be starting my half marathon training in 6 weeks. I don`t have much spare time to get in more than one workout each day but I may do some Turbo Jam on my non running days.
    I hope everyone`s having a good day!
    Kim
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    Learn and burn done for today.. might go to gym once my heart rate drops a bit :)

on a side note tried turbo fire - did 6 whole mins before i got lost and confused and dry heaved!! yay!!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Learn and burn done for today.. might go to gym once my heart rate drops a bit :)

on a side note tried turbo fire - did 6 whole mins before i got lost and confused and dry heaved!! yay!!

Oofda...that does not sound fun...yay for learn and burn done though!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    Major switch of plans for me...I was dreading putting in an exercise video when it was so nice outside, so I got my running clothes on and ran 6km instead...I think I`ll probably be sticking to my running now as I will be starting my half marathon training in 6 weeks. I don`t have much spare time to get in more than one workout each day but I may do some Turbo Jam on my non running days.
    I hope everyone`s having a good day!
    Kim

Nice job on the 6km! Sounds like sticking to running is a good plan. Keep up the good work!
  • MaddameKat
    Options
    bit of a fail for me yesterday, didn't jam at all so have decided to mark is my day off and then workout at the weekend instead.
    Just done turbo sculpt for a change... i .. am... shattered!!
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    bit of a fail for me yesterday, didn't jam at all so have decided to mark is my day off and then workout at the weekend instead.
    Just done turbo sculpt for a change... i .. am... shattered!!

That's okay....I missed a day's workout yesterday too...I just didn't have time! But, today, I'm going to pick it back up!
  • kdsmith
    Options
    I did TurboJam for my first time on Tuesday and I was so sore, it was a great workout! I ran yesterday and today have had no time. Tomorrow I have a playdate here with my girls' friends and their moms plus we are heading out of town for the weekend so I'm a little stressed about the lack of exercise but I'm thinking if I get up early tomorrow then I would just miss Saturday as we will be home in time to exercise on Sunday. That would give me 5 days of working out this week.
    Keep at it everyone!
    Kim
  • blueviolet20
    Options
    How's everyone doing on their workouts? I've been failing, to be honest. I'm starting back up again today though.