Pretty sure my waggon only has one wheel :(

Options
hi, im laura. I have set myself a goal of 133 to 115 which for my height and age is right in the middle of my BMI.

Problem is i get no support because "omg you soo dnt need to lose weight, you tiny, like honestly - i wish i was your weight!"

These may sound encouraging comments but they aren't because i am over weight since im only 5ft and no e of my clothes fit!

I eat wrong foods and am a very emotional eatter and then if ive been doing well and then have a bad day etc its all out the window and i think "im only a few pounds past my bmi who cares!" And then thts me off the waggon!

I need motivation, help and advice and wee buddies on here to chat to. Folk who dont no me etc.

Feel free to add me; im "starting again" - AGAIN!! Hopefully for the last time :)

Thank you for reading/listening

Replies

• feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Problem is i get no support because "omg you soo dnt need to lose weight, you tiny, like honestly - i wish i was your weight!"

Don't talk to people in real-life about this stuff! It's only asking for trouble. Just do it here!
  • SharBear44
    SharBear44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    hi, im laura. I have set myself a goal of 133 to 115 which for my height and age is right in the middle of my BMI.

These may sound encouraging comments but they aren't because i am over weight since im only 5ft and no e of my clothes fit!

I eat wrong foods and am a very emotional eatter and then if ive been doing well and then have a bad day etc its all out the window and i think "im only a few pounds past my bmi who cares!" And then thts me off the waggon!

I need motivation, help and advice and wee buddies on here to chat to. Folk who dont no me etc.

Feel free to add me; im "starting again" - AGAIN!! Hopefully for the last time :)

Thank you for reading/listening

• EmmaRankmore
    Options
    Add me :) we can motivate each other :)
  • SharBear44
    SharBear44 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura!
    I hear ya and often get the same responses. I too am 5', 1" and am overweight according to the BMI chart. Which, by the way, is just a guideline. You may want to check out this site to get more info. http://m.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/mskpages/Body_mass_index_(BMI)?open

Anyway, being short definitely adds to the weight loss challenge. I'm not sure how to add you but you can certainly add me to your friend list. I'd like to help in any way I can. Take care and don't be too hard on yourself.