stuck at 182lbs for 3 months :(

Options
Hello, I started my weight loss journey 6 months ago and in that time I only lost 10lbs. I am currently stuck at 182 lbs. My goal is 150-160lbs

I eat around 1400 calories a day. I eat lean meats/fish, heaps of veggies, max of 2 fruits a day, I drink green tea and water. I also measured my food.

I don't exercise, so I guess my question is did anyone see a change in the weight loss after introducing exercise? I am losing all hope 

Replies

• dragyou
    dragyou Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    What is ur activity level?
  • natasa612
    natasa612 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Office job so I don't move around much at all unfortunately
  • jporter1183
    jporter1183 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Is there a medical reason why you cannot exercise? I know there are quite a few people on these forums who have lost most of their weight without exercise, but I certainly think that even the slightest bit might help to get you out of your plateau. Even just a 20 minute walk a day is better than nothing. Personally, I have found that without exercise I find it hard to lose, but that is just me and definitely does not apply to everyone. Don't give up!!!

Also, I have an office job too. I sit at a trading desk from 8-6 each day, which is why I make it a priority to exercise because all that sitting doesn't do me any good!
  • omiokun
    omiokun Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Look in the the shed diet. This has helped me tremendously along with logging on my fitness pal. I would start with shred over super shred first. The first time I did it I lost 16lbs without being hungry.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    natasa612 wrote: »
    Hello, I started my weight loss journey 6 months ago and in that time I only lost 10lbs. I am currently stuck at 182 lbs. My goal is 150-160lbs

I eat around 1400 calories a day. I eat lean meats/fish, heaps of veggies, max of 2 fruits a day, I drink green tea and water. I also measured my food.

I don't exercise, so I guess my question is did anyone see a change in the weight loss after introducing exercise? I am losing all hope 

Do you weigh everything you eat with scales?
  • ddt7320
    Options
    Hey you're maintaining your weight loss that's good news!
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring everything? And logging every day? Any cheat days?

1400 calories is likely not your maintenance, so there must be an error somewhere. I would take a good look at your logging and then add in some walks or work out videos at home. Maybe that'll get things going for you!
  • Danilynn1975
    Danilynn1975 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I would consult a doctor if after another month things are still stalled and you are logging correctly and getting some activity in your day.

Seriously consider that suggestion of a doctor and blood work. There are a myriad of medical verifiable reasons this can happen. The earlier they are caught, the better off you are.