Determination and Effort Can Take You Far! 40+ lbs gone with pics!

Options
Pastela
Pastela Posts: 29 Member
Hello MFP! :)

I wanted to share with you my weight loss journey and reflect on the wild ride it has been!

To begin, I was just a lazy person. I was a hard working student, but I never really cared about taking my body. I would eat junk and never exercise. I would also drink soda like water and eat bad fast food too often. Needless to say, at one point I was almost at 200 lbs and I did not have a lot of energy during the day. I remember days were I would just eat greasy fast food or snack on handfuls of cereal and do hardly any physical activity during the day.

wjg60y3a13x8.jpg
66naitqgi3h7.jpg
ck9z5t51ky2q.jpg
17ips5l5xq0k.png

During college, my days consisted of going to class and just sitting on my tail and browsing the internet between working on homework. Eventually I got tired of feeling tired all day. I became tired of not being able to fit into cute clothes my other friends could fit into. I needed to change. Now. I didn't want to continue a lifestyle that could end up really hurting me in the future.

So, during January of last of year I decided to use my college's gym and start using MFP to track my calories. I started to do cardio, weight training, and become conscious of the food I was eating and its nutritional value. I became thrilled to see the weight come off of me. I was able to go from around 195-200 lbs (US size 14/16) to 150-155 lbs (US size 6/8) in around 6-7 months!

Now I have graduated college, and I have been in maintenance for around half a year now. I never want to go back to my old lifestyle. I have so much more energy during the day, and I have a lot more fun going clothes shopping now. Plus, it's really cool see my body gain muscle definition.

We all have a power to make this change! I never thought I would ever love fitness and nutrition, but it soon became a passion of mine. My goal now is to work on being more toned while continue to keep up maintenance. I go to the gym after work and continue to make healthy food choices when I eat.

g3hylf9opzem.jpg
lt1ufz6bylro.png
eewoz858lc3r.png
0a8sgrqo61e7.png

We all have the power to make a great change in our lives! It takes a lot of willpower and effort, but it is so worth it in the end. It's all about changing bad lifestyle habits to positive ones.

Replies

• Jelaan
    Jelaan Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    Great job!! And a fantastic attitude!
  • Nouvelle_Sonia
    Nouvelle_Sonia Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It encourages me to keep going. The next challenge for you might be when you get your dream job that might be demanding. Don't give up all the good habits you have gained.
  • Redinky22
    Options
    Wow! Great results. I'm sure you're enjoying the attention your getting from the young men around you? Your whole life changes. I lost 40 pounds and people literally didn't recognize me. Was fun to see the reaction of people you hadn't seen in a while. Enjoy your new life. Congrats.
  • susanspw
    susanspw Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Very inspiring too!
  • jenn3365
    jenn3365 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Wonderful you do not even look like the same girl.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Woow congratulations. Great job
  • SassyRN_77
    SassyRN_77 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    :) Congrats!!!you look fabulous
  • mlh357
    mlh357 Posts: 28
    Options
    Amazing! I loved reading your story, and you're a huge inspiration--great job!!!!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Fantastic transformation!
  • Athos282
    Athos282 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Damn, girl, your hard work has paid off and you look absolutely stunning!! Wow!!!
  • radiosilents
    radiosilents Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Awesome story! Great to get it done while you're young, too! Keep it up. :)
  • muzichick
    muzichick Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Pastela
    Pastela Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really appreciate all of your kind comments. :)
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss!
  • Aaron949
    Aaron949 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • cindys921
    cindys921 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    You look great !! Congrats!
  • wmugrad01
    wmugrad01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job, congrats!
  • tigerloss
    tigerloss Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Awesome gal...congrats
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!
  • jadedbutterfly55
    Options
    Pastela wrote: »
    Hello MFP! :)

I wanted to share with you my weight loss journey and reflect on the wild ride it has been!

To begin, I was just a lazy person. I was a hard working student, but I never really cared about taking my body. I would eat junk and never exercise. I would also drink soda like water and eat bad fast food too often. Needless to say, at one point I was almost at 200 lbs and I did not have a lot of energy during the day. I remember days were I would just eat greasy fast food or snack on handfuls of cereal and do hardly any physical activity during the day.

wjg60y3a13x8.jpg
    66naitqgi3h7.jpg
    ck9z5t51ky2q.jpg
    17ips5l5xq0k.png

During college, my days consisted of going to class and just sitting on my tail and browsing the internet between working on homework. Eventually I got tired of feeling tired all day. I became tired of not being able to fit into cute clothes my other friends could fit into. I needed to change. Now. I didn't want to continue a lifestyle that could end up really hurting me in the future.

So, during January of last of year I decided to use my college's gym and start using MFP to track my calories. I started to do cardio, weight training, and become conscious of the food I was eating and its nutritional value. I became thrilled to see the weight come off of me. I was able to go from around 195-200 lbs (US size 14/16) to 150-155 lbs (US size 6/8) in around 6-7 months!

Now I have graduated college, and I have been in maintenance for around half a year now. I never want to go back to my old lifestyle. I have so much more energy during the day, and I have a lot more fun going clothes shopping now. Plus, it's really cool see my body gain muscle definition.

We all have a power to make this change! I never thought I would ever love fitness and nutrition, but it soon became a passion of mine. My goal now is to work on being more toned while continue to keep up maintenance. I go to the gym after work and continue to make healthy food choices when I eat.

g3hylf9opzem.jpg
    lt1ufz6bylro.png
    eewoz858lc3r.png
    0a8sgrqo61e7.png

We all have the power to make a great change in our lives! It takes a lot of willpower and effort, but it is so worth it in the end. It's all about changing bad lifestyle habits to positive ones.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!