Anybody trying/tried Intermittent Fasting? (Google it)

Options
A friend told me to watch a YouTube introduction and explanation video regarding Intermittent Fasting & I'm starting it today...

The concept is basically reprogramming your body to use/burn fat instead of muscle for energy.

Which intern jump starts your metabolism and increases fat weight loss!
Google it :)

Replies

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    It's a way for me to stay within my calorie goals for the day. That's about it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    A friend told me to watch a YouTube introduction and explanation video regarding Intermittent Fasting & I'm starting it today...

The concept is basically reprogramming your body to use/burn fat instead of muscle for energy.

Which intern jump starts your metabolism and increases fat weight loss!
    Google it :)

I've done IF, but unfortunately there's no such thing as 'jump starting your metabolism'.
  • zerafa99
    zerafa99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the 5:2 fasting diet for two weeks and have lost 12 lbs
    The plan is to have 5 days of eating 1,000 to 1,200 calories and two days where you drop it to 500 calories. Doctors recomend it.
    To speed it up you can have more fasting days. I fasted on alternate days. Just be careful to drink plenty of water so that you don't become dehydrated/constipated. Fresh rather than frozen vegetables help with constipation more. This diet is goid for reducing cholesterol and blood pressure.
  • juebean85
    Options
    My doctor diagnosed me with a faulty gean which means my body doesn't recognize that my fat stores are full (to busting) and I'm constantly hungry as a result. He recommends 5:2 as its easier to battle this over 2 days out of 7. 2 days are ment to be consecutive though as it gives you time to burn the glucose off that's already in your body and you spend longer burning fat. Any more than the 2 days in a row and your mussels start to suffer. So stay safe guys. I'm having my first fasting day tomorrow so wish me luck x x
  • 1shirley
    1shirley Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    What do you eat on the 500 calorie day?
  • GorgeouslyFit954
    GorgeouslyFit954 Posts: 20 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yea I did 2days of 18hour fasting on 600cals plus high intensity workouts & felt fine... But 3rd day/2day had to listen to my body & feed. May keep it every 3rd day fast for 2days instead
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 16/8 IMF (feed window is 11am-7pm). I'm on day 82 and I've lost about 6 pounds and 4% body fat. I work 9 hours a day so I work out just before my feed ends, which is 7 pm. I lift during the week (mostly machines) and do outside cardio on weekends and I've had good luck with it so far. My fiance does it too and he has lost 19 pounds and 5% body fat. Boo:)...Yay:)
  • ryansflex
    ryansflex Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I fast for 16 hours at a time, that's including 7to 8 hours sleep. I eat twice a day in an 8 hour time frame. I have no food restrictions, or portion control, but I'm very active. The last 2 months I have lost 22 pounds, and my clothes don't fit anymore.
  • GorgeouslyFit954
    Options
    @Steff46‌ Cool! Sounds like it works once your body gets accustomed to the eating changes. I started on Feb 1st at 18/6 cause protein shakes & vitamin supplements left me full. However, my workouts are daily & intense so 3rd day found myself sluggish. Switched to 16/8 & feel much better now... Thx for sharing!
  • GorgeouslyFit954
    Options
    @ryansflex‌ Yaasss no food restrictions! Lol.. I could try that but being woman & lacking testosterone think I'd still need portion control
  • MelissaCV
    MelissaCV Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am back to doing the 5:2 diet, which means I eat 500 calories 2 days a week and normally the other days (normally for me is about 1,600 calories because I don't tend to overeat anyway) after the Christmas holiday break. I used it last year to lose some weight for the summer. It works perfect for me because I don't like feeling restricted all the time. This way I know I can still enjoy dinner out with friends and Friday pizza night with my family and still lose weight. It's not a quick way to lose weight though so if you need to lose pounds fast you might need to look elsewhere, but if you prefer slow but steady it's a good plan. There are tons of ebooks on it on Amazon.