QUESTION: Calories v. Protein

tamie_l
tamie_l Posts: 15 Member
edited September 27 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, so I have been doing very well with not going over in all areas of tracking (calories, fat, fibre etc.) EXCEPT Protein. For some reason I go over ALOT on my Protein, Is this a bad thing, or somethiing I should be working on.......Your thoughts please!!

Replies

• rachypompa
    rachypompa Posts: 653 Member
    That's a good thing in my opinion.

I'm usually good in all areas except sugar ...
  • Protein is good! I always go over on protein, I wouldn't worry
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Most people need more protein than MFP recommends. There are a few things that you should exeed, set those up as a bare minimum. Protein, fiber, vitamin A, Vitamin C, Iron, Potassium, etc. I usually eat at least 150 grams of protein a day due to my goals.
  • betsyweltha
    betsyweltha Posts: 17 Member
    I agree with the other posts.... if your going to go over I would be least worried about protein...
  • purroxide
    purroxide Posts: 27
    It might be a good idea to consider changing your goals to 40/30/30. A lot of MFP members have recommended this and I'm trying it out at the moment.
  • Seconding the 40/30/30 advice! Other than that make sure you read chattygirl2's link ;O (and/or do some more research yourself if need be)
  • tamie_l
    This is great feedback, I'm going to try the 40/30/30 thanks sushilicious. The artilce was a great read too. Thanks everyone!!
  • irdietinfo
    irdietinfo Posts: 29
    Adding my voice to the support of protein! Great article - I am a huge fan of whey protein. It is so good for you and really fills you up.
  • tamie_l
    h
This discussion has been closed.