Not "new" but starting over.

Options
Hi everyone, My name is Krissy and I am 27 years old from Canada. I am 5'3 and I weigh approx. 242lbs. I am not new to MFP but I am starting over again. I am also on fitbit so if any MFP friends want to be friends on fitbit as well let me know.

I am a student and struggle to find time to work out regularly and I am constantly eating "on-the-go" because I am always going too and from school and work. I recently had a gym session for one of my classes and pictures were taken of us for the different activity centers and posted on a FB page for my program. I almost died when I saw myself. I knew I needed to get serious and really make a change. I need to adjust my schedule and make time for exercise and preparing food to take from home.

I knew I had gained but the story those pictures told was completely different from the one my mirror tells.

So here I go again but hopefully not on my own. Going down the only road I've ever know is not working... (enough with the musical references...) So anyone who wants to be MFPals feel free to add me or tell me to add you.

Replies

• JudyGilman
    JudyGilman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Krissy,

My name is Judy and I am starting over also. I work with a company that has a wellness coaching program and the coaches like myfitnesspal so here I am! Although I am in the other end of the age spectrum, as a nurse, I value everyone's journey to being healthier. Let's support each other! We are all so busy and tend to remove training from our schedules as soon as time is an issue and it back fires every time. Let's do it!
  • missamber5
    Options
    hello there I am not new. I have been doing my fitness pal for 31 days now. I would love some new friends because the more friends the better to help one another in this journey. I have lost 6 lbs so far and go to the gym 5-6 times a week. add me!!! :) I am on everyday!
  • pamfin
    pamfin Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Me too. I've been on here on and off since august 2010. I think I've gone backwards and forwards over the same 40lbs at least twice (probably more).

It works if you stick to it but on each occasion I got cocky and thought I didn't need to weigh food, didn't need to log and started lying to myself about how much I was eating.

I could have been at goal at least two years ago if I'd stuck with it the first time.

Never mind, that's behind me and I'm back using it now which is all that matters. This time is different, I've started running three times a week (am doing Ct5k) and really paying attention.
  • mhausler93
    mhausler93 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I've also recently started over. But for whatever reason, it's easier this time. I'll send you a friend request :)
  • illyich
    illyich Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lost 60 pounds in 2012 and gained them back by being stupid. I'll add you.
  • sama_delara
    Options
    I want to lose weight again in need friends to do it as group
  • losingit4infinity
    losingit4infinity Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hello there I am not new. I have been doing my fitness pal for 31 days now. I would love some new friends because the more friends the better to help one another in this journey. I have lost 6 lbs so far and go to the gym 5-6 times a week. add me!!! :) I am on everyday!

country_babe_91 I tried adding you but when I click on your link it says page not found.
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have lost 110 lbs with 140 to go. Feel free to add me
  • logans05
    logans05 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm beginning again too! So feel free to add me!
  • TylerD212
    Options
    Hi I'm Tyler,

I'm 20 years old and I weight 209 lbs. I'm currently starting over as well I lost 35lbs in 2013 & 2014 and gained it back both times. I started last Monday 1/26/15 & I've currently lost 4 pounds. I'll be your friend I encourage having someone along the journey. Good luck!
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I lost 78lbs back in 09/2010 with MFP....then I let life and tragic things get in my way and I gave up and deleted my old account...I gained everything I loss and then some ....but I am back as of Jan 10...with my determination than ever ...Please feel free to add me ...wishing you much success
  • penguinsocks1411
    Options
    I've lost count of the number of times I've started over, which is kind of sad, but I'm ready to make a permanent change this time.

Like you, Krissy, I'm constantly eating on the go or at my desk. I just finished a PhD thesis (viva still to go...) and now I work in an office 9-5. But, I have to change this time, because I've just hit my highest ever weight, and my GP has told me it's affecting my fertility :(

I'd love to have someone else to cheer me on, so I'll send you a friend request. I'm on Fitbit as well, so if you want to PM me your Fitbit details it'd be good to be friends! (I really want a Fitbit Surge they look awesome!)
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hey girl haaaaay! I'm also a student and full-time worker so I understand the struggle. I've been working on finding a balance between work and not being exhausted all the time. I would love some new friends too! Let's kick butt!
  • butterflylady86
    butterflylady86 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to be back. MFP helped me more then I knew. 32 days and it's working for me. You can do it. Positive vibes sent to you. Peace :)
  • ejdutton
    ejdutton Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Jut started over AGAIN 2 weeks ago. Had great success last time round but got complacent! Have about 120llbs to loose so if anyone wants a buddy on their journey please feel free to add me. I can't add people on my phone for some reason. Good luck everyone!
  • dirtyrose2007
    dirtyrose2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm in graduate school and I work. I've been on and off the site for a while but recently decided to try a new approach to see if I can stick with it (like actually adding friends who use the site on a regular basis). Anyone is free to add me.
  • gcrrralice
    gcrrralice Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here I go again. Real easy to come up with excuses why I didn't stick with it. I had surgery and wasn't allowed to lift or do too much physical exercise for about 8 weeks. Ready again but didn't do anything about it. A year later I had another surgery and 6 week recovery time so I was always have had a crutch as to why I have dragged my feet about firing up and doing something! Ready to go with no excuses! Over the 60 years of age so mine will take longer coming off but please keep me in the loop.
  • Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Options
    Hi! I lost a lot of weight in 2010 but gained a lot of it back. I've been here before too, but am back to make a lasting change. I'll send you a request! (PS I'm a 40 yr old college student, mother of 2 teens and run a before and after school program for elementary kids-I understand eating on the go!! :))
  • michelle2482
    michelle2482 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone also starting again. 33 f living in Philadelphia. Lost 27 pounds in MFP 2 years ago, looking to tone up and relose the 7 lbs I've gained back. If you log every day please add me!
  • Andiedramaqueen
    Andiedramaqueen Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Krissy and everyone else!
    I'm starting over again. Lost 4lb in my first week and it has made me feel so much better. Gone are chocolate, cakes, biscuits and crisps. I'm eating loads of fruit and veg- even made a red lentil curry from scratch today! I want to be leaner and healthier.
    - Good luck everyone
    - Andrea x