my journey, 86 lbs lighter, before and after.

Options

Hi this is really a dream come true for me! I have battled with my weight my whole life. You see I love food. Reading success story's was and still is one of my favourite reads.

I didn't think I could ever lose this much weight, I hid behind the comfort of my best friend... food! chocolate, crisps, cake anything and everything that is not really good for me! I would start the latest fad diet lose a few pounds then struggle, feel humiliated at diet clubs when I struggled etc

So there I was stuck with this friend that really wasn't. Food to make me feel beter. So I am 18 stones (252lbs) 5 ft 4 and suffering! my knees disintegrating under the weight, too heavy to go riding on my beloved  horse. I couldn't wear nice clothes and had to buy mens motorbike clothing. As I enjoy riding motorbikes too. Anyway I just got to the point where I felt my life was slipping by. 

As a heavy goods vehicle driver I struggled getting in and out of the cab.

one day in 2011 the office called me to say I needed to try uniform on for size. So I had the humiliation of trying the largest sizes and they were still too tight, yet of course sleeves past my hands. I ordered the biggest size in trousers 44 inch waist I couldn't do up the top button and when they came I just looked awful cut in two by my very tight trousers feeling utterly depressed I knew then it was do or die, because the way I was going I felt I was heading for an early grave.

I put a status on facebook healthy eating in, comfort eating out. I didn't get one like!

So October 2011 my journey started, not a 6 stones in 6 months but a steady  1 to 2 lbs off a week. Eating lots of fruit, veg and healthy foods. Allowing myself treats at weekend and most importantly for me, been organised with my meal planning. Taking my meals to work when I was working long hours. Finding a microwave out on my travels and actually managing to enjoy it! Going on the wii fit when I had a spare few minutes at home. Having a weekly weigh in with my husband on the wii.

My life can be rather hectic. Full time lorry driver, 2 horses that are pampered. A husband and 2 kids. Making time for myself is not easy and still I am constantly on the go. But 18 months on I reached 86 lbs. My goal was 100lbs maybe I will get there but I am quite happy at 86 lbs my family told me I had lost enough, although I have gained a  few pounds at Christmas and now with this app getting back to where I was. I have kept the weight off for 18 months and don't ever want to go back to where I was 3 years and 4 months ago.

When I had got my weight down I put the picture on fb, which is my profile picture on here at the moment and all of my friends liked it! 

It is a forever change to your habits so find foods you like and enjoy it and we all have the odd blip, so if that happens, tomorrow is another day. No point beating yourself up. We are only human! With hormones and moods! Especially ladies. ;)

I am fairly new to this app so would love to make friends share experiences etc  

Thanks for reading this and really if I can do it, anyone can! X 
ovxq8awkvmgd.jpeg
9qabveq0cx6y.jpg
b5dtup4qj8gc.jpeg
lzirmbhl74l2.jpeg

Replies

• lynney_s
    lynney_s Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done!! You're inspirational & motivational :)
  • Monetp60
    Monetp60 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Job well done!:)
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! Thank you for the post!!
  • JewelsHiker
    JewelsHiker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration and encouragement (especially for us women with hormonal/thyroidal/menopausal issues! Ha!) Great job! Best wishes!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great post and great results!! I enjoy hearing what the "moment" is that makes people decide to move toward healthiness. You look great! Keep up the good work!
  • Juliemoo1960
    Juliemoo1960 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Looking really great and well done for what you have achieved. Not an easy route but such a reward when you start to see the results that is what keeps us going
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment. Nice job!
  • letsdoittogether345
    Options
    good Job!
  • Purity4all
    Options
    Wow you amazing!!!
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • Cielazul
    Cielazul Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You are one Hot Momma! Congratulations and well done...
  • mlh357
    mlh357 Posts: 28
    Options
    Amazing!!!!!! Way to go!!!!!!
  • Kaffiefred
    Kaffiefred Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words. I feel great and still get a buzz when I catch my reflection and I no longer look like the old me :D
  • 1DEF
    1DEF Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great story. You look wonderful.
  • TnZMom
    TnZMom Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and it sounds like you really took charge of your life. Congrats!
  • Kaffiefred
    Kaffiefred Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Anyone looking for support and to support I am on lookout for new friends to get us to where we want to be. Together! :)
  • amy_m1975
    amy_m1975 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. What an incredible journey for you. Way to go!!
  • opalsqueak007
    opalsqueak007 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Brilliant! Well done :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!