What's your motivation?

Options
Hey all.
So I get married June this year and I really want to loose a little weight for our special day.
What motivates you to keep going?

Replies

• fsprunger
    fsprunger Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for my dreams! Healthy and able to take on the world. I've lost 60 pounds and want to lose 100 more.
  • mlh357
    mlh357 Posts: 28
    Options
    Congrats!! I'm getting married in May :) Honestly, getting married is what really helped put me over the edge to get with it and start going. I joined a Beachbody challenge group, love it, and haven't looked back!!!
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Myself. I don't want to be that 250 pound unhealthy person again.
  • ErinK09
    ErinK09 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your upcoming wedding btw :)
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Everytime I worked out I thought "Sexy Wedding Dress!!" I also had 2 girlfriends working out with me and eating clean. Have you found an accountability partner to work with?
  • msbengbeng
    msbengbeng Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I would love to honestly say my kids, my husband, but honestly I just want to feel good. work full-time, take care of my home, and am in my DNP and find mysef drained. I want to meet my life goals and feel great doing it....selfish lol
  • shannonbun
    shannonbun Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    To look better when I get to meet my boyfriend of 2+ years... and not have any of his friends think, "He waited so long for that?" Harsh, but that's what it feels like sometimes... And to feel safer while traveling, like I can protect myself better if I need to C:
  • sheacol
    Options
    Going to Jamaica in May to scope out places for our wedding in February. I would love to be at my goal weight by then (-20) so that everything for the rest of the year is just focused on getting toned! Plus I want to look good in a bikini
  • ArkMom35
    ArkMom35 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Mostly my children. I've seen my bad eating habits presenting themselves in my young daughter and I'm determined to change. But I'm also doing this for myself, my husband, and I'd love for my parents to see me healthy.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Mine was vacation, but that's since passed. Now it's me...I like what I see and how I feel, so nothing is going to stop that progress.
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Turning 40 later this month, would like to not feel 10 years older! :)
  • ibbyiam
    Options
    My main goal to get motivated and gain my stamina back, fit and healthy, as the weight loss will follow. To feel and look younger, I want this to be the "year of me!" As I called it.
  • Mollyowl27
    Options
    My dad lost his ability to walk last year due to diabetes. That was a huge wake up call to me, as I tend to have similar blood sugar issues and could stand to lose 20-30 lbs. Also, a childhood friend is getting married in August and I'll likely see a bunch of people I haven't seen in years. Would like to look/feel good for that :)
  • Just115Pounds
    Just115Pounds Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I want to feel good (and look good) for my swimming unit in gym at school. I want to be comfortable with myself for the summer. I want to be comfortable with myself ALL YEAR ROUND. I want to feel good.
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My son was just born January 22nd. So he's been motivating me to get back in shape. I've been really bad with logging and not much exercising. Seeing his little face makes me wants to be a more healthier dad and watch him grow into a man.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Being brutally honest my motivation is my 20 year high school reunion is this summer. I wasn't fat in high school or at my 10 year reunion and I refuse to be fat at my 20 year. On a second note I'm getting back into running (I ran cross country on high school and college) and signed up for the Bay to Breakers run in May, (it's a 12 K) and have paid the entry fee ($54) and I refuse to waste money (yes I'm cheap), which is great motivation to stay on my exercise and training schedule.