Snack ideas?

Options
Hey guys! So I'm trying to eat healthier (obviously) but I need snack/small meal ideas for work. Typically i have a cup of fruit or a banana mid morning then mixed nuts sporadically throughout the day. In the afternoon I have a kind bar or a think thin protein bar, but those are packed with sugar and sodium! I don't eat gluten because it makes me sick and I used to eat yogurt every day but it was making me bloated.

Help!!

Replies

• SusanUW83
    SusanUW83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato?
  • tdc8557
    tdc8557 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Interesting! For dinner, I use my spiral slicer to make pasta out of sweet potatoes and zucchini. Maybe I should try a different tact.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    My go to snack recently has been a serving of carrots, a serving of small peppers, and sliced turkey.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    Sargenino pepper jack cheese sticks, Laughing Cow cheese wedges with Triscuits or Food Should Taste Good chips, Halo mandarin oranges, or hard boiled eggs.

I may or may not eat way too many of these items regularly, and may or may not have acquired an inhuman amount of each of the following items due to coupons and sales. All really great products I recommend!
  • Soulfood77
    Soulfood77 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I like doing a chocolate pudding cup with a tbsp of peanut butter mixed in.

Could go with a piece of fresh fruit paired with a hard boiled egg or cheese or peanut butter. (yeah, I like peanut butter!)

• DonT58
    DonT58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sargenino pepper jack cheese sticks, Laughing Cow cheese wedges with Triscuits or Food Should Taste Good chips, Halo mandarin oranges, or hard boiled eggs.

Great stuff - personally I would skip the Triscuits and/or chip preferring fresh cut veggies with Habanero or other hot sauce with the cheese. Also I'll suggest air popped popcorn with jalapeno peppers.

Sorry to hear about the yogurt - berries, cocoa, cinnamon, fish oil swirl no need for a sugary dessert here. Can do the same thing using shredded wheat and/or Uncle Sam's original with unsweetened almond milk if I'm over on protein and need fiber. Can add a scoop or more of Isopure vanilla protein powder to take make a meal out of this snack.

• THISisTARRAN
    THISisTARRAN Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    IDK if anyone suggested this, but pretzels aren't too terrible, hard boiled eggs, LARA bars are really yummy and they don't have any extra ingredients in them.
  • tdc8557
    Options
    DonT58 wrote: »

Great stuff - personally I would skip the Triscuits and/or chip preferring fresh cut veggies with Habanero or other hot sauce with the cheese. Also I'll suggest air popped popcorn with jalapeno peppers.

Sorry to hear about the yogurt - berries, cocoa, cinnamon, fish oil swirl no need for a sugary dessert here. Can do the same thing using shredded wheat and/or Uncle Sam's original with unsweetened almond milk if I'm over on protein and need fiber. Can add a scoop or more of Isopure vanilla protein powder to take make a meal out of this snack.

This may sound dumb but the berries, cocoa, etc: are you saying you mix them together or do you do them separately?

Thanks for the suggestions! Maybe I'll try out some cheeses. Hopefully those don't make me bloated too -_-
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    tdc8557 wrote: »
    DonT58 wrote: »

This may sound dumb but the berries, cocoa, etc: are you saying you mix them together or do you do them separately?

Thanks for the suggestions! Maybe I'll try out some cheeses. Hopefully those don't make me bloated too -_-

Try to see if you can find some lactose free ones. If you're getting super bloated after eating dairy or having discomfort, you may want to get checked out to see if you have a lactose sensitivity or intolerance!

If you have the Cabot brand in your area, they make several lactose free cheese blocks (like pepper jack!). My ex who had a pretty severe lactose allergy could plow through a block in no time at all, and it gave him no side effects whatsoever, and was easy on his stomach.
  • meyerssheila
    meyerssheila Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I found dairy bloats me too...any dairy so I stick to Almond milk only. They make almond cheese too at specialty stores. I really enjoy hummus with peppers for my snack. If I want something sweet I go for apples or banana with Peanut Butter powder sprinkled on them. I try to only do the fruits in the mornings as well.
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    celery and pb, if you want to feel like a kid again, add raisins to be the ants
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn... I just get a bag of the white kernels and pop them in a pot on the stove . They are really low calorie. I just add salt to them, no butter.

I also like to eat carrots and some pecans.

I've been having a little fruit bowl lately for my afternoon snack... Cut up banana and blueberries.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I found dairy bloats me too...any dairy so I stick to Almond milk only. They make almond cheese too at specialty stores. I really enjoy hummus with peppers for my snack. If I want something sweet I go for apples or banana with Peanut Butter powder sprinkled on them. I try to only do the fruits in the mornings as well.

Almond cheese seriously?? Is that any good? Sounds weird... But I may have to try it
  • katmariew
    katmariew Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I had 2 clementines during my break yesterday. It's sweet and satisfied my hunger. But there are a ton of other ideas out there :)
  • tdc8557
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    celery and pb, if you want to feel like a kid again, add raisins to be the ants

That's a great idea- can't wait to see the look on my CFOs face when I pull that out of my lunchbox!

I'm definitely going to try popcorn since its been suggested multiple times. Anyone else have any cool ideas? This has been super helpful.