I'm New And Need MAJOR Support! Anyone Need A Friend?

Options
I've always been chubby and never had much of a problem with it until I started to feel uncomfortable in my own skin. Just standing or sitting became obnoxiously difficult, I started to loose control of my appetite and gained near 60 pounds as a result. I've tried exercising, dieting and attempting to control my appetite, but would like some friends who are like me who would give advice and are trying to do the same. I'm not trying to get the epitome of a picturesque greek body image or gain crazy strength, just trying to slim down to a more reasonable body type. I'm tired of being phobic about showing my belly in a form-fitting t-shirt and I want to change! I would LOVE some help, though!

I'm 5'11 and weigh 225 pounds.
I'd like to weigh between 175-180.
I am generally sedentary, but have a new boston terrier puppy who loves walks, so the chance to move and exercise is more of an option than it used to be. I would love to HELP others as well as BE helped by others. Let's work together to achieve our goals.

Replies

• stepherjensen
    stepherjensen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Sounds great - feel free to add :)
  • sushilicious
    Options
    Hi soon-to-be-new-friend! Slimming down is a nice fun goal that I'm sure you'll make-- I need to get myself a dog, my cat is one lazy bum ;< G'luck!
  • 3bree375
    3bree375 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Let's get our weight loss on! I will be adding you shortly. :smile:
  • CRmom2
    CRmom2 Posts: 73
    Options
    Would love to help you in your new adventure!! I am new to this site as well and like you I have tried many different things to get my weight under control but in need of support from those who are in the same boat. I am 5 feet and almost 200lbs, my goal is between 140 & 150 but I am trying not to be as focused on the scale. I just want to feel good and when I look in the mirror I don't want to be grossed out! You are more than welcome to friend me if you would like!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wanting to slim down and feel better in your own skin. Friend request on the way.
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a geek to, and it's not always the life style that leads to being a healthy weight. I love this program and has helped my greatly. I would love to have you as a friend and give support. I will be adding you shortly!
  • jenhasit
    jenhasit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Being comfortable in your own skin is a fantastic reason to be doing this. Lucky you've a puppy to keep you moving.

Friend add on the way! :)
  • heavenhop
    heavenhop Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am brand new as well and I am trying to get in shape for my wedding and basically change my life style. Please feel free to add!
  • aekriebs
    aekriebs Posts: 45
    Options
    Friend request already sent! Welcome to the site!
  • vjenelle
    vjenelle Posts: 23
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'll send you a friend request too.
  • Charice
    Charice Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I can always use a new friend! Request on the way!
  • lynnmarsh52
    lynnmarsh52 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Have sent you a friend request!

Always here for support and motivation!

Welcome to MyFitnessPal - your journey starts here and now!

Lynn x
  • sreimer07
    sreimer07 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I'm not new to using MFP but i'm new to the message boards. I'm working on losing weight as well, so far i'm down 10lbs and very excited! Feel free to add me, i could use support and motivation as well!

Staci