Just Joined Today

Options
Raylynn87
Raylynn87 Posts: 12 Member
Hi everyone. I'm new to this site. Heard about it from a friend. I've lost over 50 lbs so far since October on another program, but I'm still not happy about how I look. I am on a diet, but I don't exercise. I still need to start. Any motivation anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• adsracer
    adsracer Posts: 8
    Options
    As u already know how proud i am of you, just wanted to say hi! and welcome anyways :)

xo
  • sushilicious
    Options
    Welcome. Awesome weight loss already, congrats. As for the not exercising bit... *turns on the rocky workout theme* Now get to it! ;D
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Your weight loss is terrific!!

You can lose weight without exercise, but you may have trouble getting to your ultimate goal weight without it. And maintaining a weight loss without exercise is very tough. If you're "anti exercise," even increasing activity is better than nothing. Doing things like walking to places you would typically drive, park at the far end of the mall/grocery store and walk in, take the stairs instead of the elevator, that kind of stuff. As far as starting formal exercise, walking (fast) is an easy way to start. Slowly build up to 30-45 minutes most days of the week. Open your mind to classes, doing things you wouldn't nomally try. Changing up your exercise makes it fun and works different muscles.

Good Luck!!
  • gertrude13
    gertrude13 Posts: 64
    Options
    awesome weightloss :D as for the exercise part, haha it will make the weightloss better, faster, and more enjoyable (since you can eat more) haha and from someone who has gone through the terrors of "starvation mode" (when you eat wayy below your calorie goal that your weightloss just stops since your body is getting too little energy from what you are eating)

well that's my first tip: try to reach your calorie goal and eat your exercise calories, second, be active in the MFP community, the success stories are inspiring and the tips are helpful :D
  • blondie4life235
    Options
    Hey! I'm new to this site too, but unlike you I've gained 10 pounds since October...hints why I'm joining this site! But good luck with the rest of your goal! Hopefully we can meet our goals! :-)