I need to lose weight but I don't want to diet!

Options
I need to lose weight but I don't want to diet.. I want to change my lifestyle and become healthy. I lost 54 lbs before on a diet and as soon as I stopped "dieting" I gained most of it back. This time I'm going to change my eating habbits slowly so that my weight lose will be maintained.. Looking for others that are in the same boat as me to cheer on successes and motivate past the struggles... So add me if you want :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like. Just eat less of it. CICO is still the direct approach for weight loss.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png[/quote]
  • LR856N1
    LR856N1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I agree. post what your doing on my new page. Its all about motivation. i lost 25 pounds a couple years ago by just eating what i want but less. unfortunately i gained it back.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102998-motivation-station
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I'm a busy mom of 4 down almost 40 lbs. Add me as a friend!
  • My_Butt
    My_Butt Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    You can't spell 'diet' without 'die'. That means, if you can't sustain what you're doing for life, it's not going to work. Think of it as a 'change of life', not a crummy 'diet'.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Eat the foods you love, in moderation. It's all about calories in, calories out.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    I always feel like I am on a diet because I don't each as much as I want, I am greedy with food for some reason, never get enough. I have to say Enough now stop!
  • tuesdaysiekbert
    Options
    I don't diet. I eat what I like but I just eat the proper portion or I just eat less of it. I've also cut out Pop completely. And drinking water. So it is possible (:
  • klake2
    klake2 Posts: 4
    Options
    Diets are so difficult to sustain! I've been trying to only eat when I'm hungry, not just when I'm bored. It's easier said than done for me!
  • gonzanab
    gonzanab Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's better in the long run if you change your lifestyle. You don't have to be as strict either. If you count your calories and stay within macros, you'll be golden.
  • sheilabuck34
    sheilabuck34 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some helpful tips.. Feel free to add me as a friend.. No clue how to send friend requests.. Just know how to accept them lol :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    It will help a lot if you work out regularly.