I need advice!!!

Options
I have been working out for about three years on and off. I have never lost my stubborn belly fat but did lose weight everywhere else. A total of 32 lbs since i started working out.Recently i started t25(about 2 weeks ago.) i have noticed this last week my belly fat is very flabby!!! I mean so flabby it hurts to work out if Im jumping or other high intensity exercises. it was always firm until now!! I want to know why?? Is it bad that its flabby. ??

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I'm confused: you've always had a flat stomach and now after exercising it is flabby and uncomfortable? Do you mean you have a lot of loose skin now?
  • cyberblonde
    cyberblonde Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Have you lost a lot of weight? My stomach got flabbier when I lost my baby weight. I mean it got looser with extra skin. Do lots of stomach exercises including planks. My stomach is a lot better now, not perfect but passable.
  • score45609
    score45609 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    my belly is getting flabbier by the pound lost. I am pretty sure it will stay like that forever but should get a little better with more ab workouts.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Just before I lose a bunch of weight my stomach gets wicked flabby. I think it's because I'm burning fat and there is extra 'space' where the fat was that fills with water. After a bit it disappears and tightens up with exercise.

I find looking at it depressing, but it's usually a sign of good things to come.
  • cindyqq
    Options
    Sorry i guess that was kind of confusing. i did lose 32 lbs two years ago but never had a flat belly. Im trying to eat as clean as possible and workout daily. but even so my belly is very lose compared to before. I used to have a hard belly (big belly lol) and now its really lose. I'm going to stay with t25 until the end. My question is should i add ab exercises or just keep doing the program? i also hear abs are made in the kitchen, but does that mean i shouldnt try to work on my stomach at all. I wish i could up load a picture so yall could see what im talking about.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I did some ab exercises and they helped a lot. Even doing a lot of walking helped. But it did take TIME. You've given it that. I think you're going to have work at toning those muscles.
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    After losing 100 pounds my 'jiggly' parts, as I call them, are my arms and stomach. I crunch daily and it's done wonders. I still jiggle, but it's all tucked in and looks nice in clothing. Arms the same way, I work them daily and they have firmed up some.

But, I'll always have extra skin now, just something that I use to remind me of all the eating mistakes I made to get heavy.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    cindyqq wrote: »
    i have noticed this last week my belly fat is very flabby!!! I mean so flabby it hurts to work out if Im jumping or other high intensity exercises.

Youth is on your side and hopefully genetics, so give it time and the flabbiness will take care of itself. In the meantime spandex is your friend. Keep up the good work.
  • irretrievable_
    Options
    It's a good thing to get looser fat. It means what you have on your belly is deflating fat cells and skin, so it's going to be easier to flop around. Remember, your fat cells swell up when they store fat. It takes a while for the skin to react to the smaller mass inside it, because it has to first shed old skin and regrow new, from the inside out. So you've got all the skin and smaller fat cells. It will eventually fix itself, but believe me you're making headway in your fitness goals!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    It gets softer and squishier as its shrinking and disappearing.

This is generally considered a GoodThing™.

• cindyqq
    Options
    Thank you all so much for all the good info!!!!
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Find some core exercises to do. Having lost (almost) 60 of the 90 pounds I set out to lose, I'm now (half-heartedly) cursing myself for not having started toning exercises earlier. (I know why I didn't. That's neither here nor there.) low-weight or body-weight exercises that focus on the core muscles are probably the best bet for now.

The skin is loose and you notice the flab more because the fat cells have shrunk. They will not go away. You cannot replace them with muscle tissue. The best you can do is strengthen the muscle tissue so it supports the fatty tissue.

If you are lucky, your skin will tighten some as well, and as your core muscles are more frequently engaged the flab will seem to disappear because the fatty tissue (of which there should be some!!!) is proportionate to the muscle tissue and well supported.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    nxd10 wrote: »
    Just before I lose a bunch of weight my stomach gets wicked flabby. I think it's because I'm burning fat and there is extra 'space' where the fat was that fills with water. After a bit it disappears and tightens up with exercise.

I find looking at it depressing, but it's usually a sign of good things to come.

I like this theory :smile: and right now mine seems flabby, let's hope some fat is about to whoosh away :smiley:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    cindyqq wrote: »
    Sorry i guess that was kind of confusing. i did lose 32 lbs two years ago but never had a flat belly. Im trying to eat as clean as possible and workout daily. but even so my belly is very lose compared to before. I used to have a hard belly (big belly lol) and now its really lose. I'm going to stay with t25 until the end. My question is should i add ab exercises or just keep doing the program? i also hear abs are made in the kitchen, but does that mean i shouldnt try to work on my stomach at all. I wish i could up load a picture so yall could see what im talking about.

You can't spot reduce, so my advice is to continue doing what you're doing and hope that your skin tightens up. I was overweight, sometimes obese, my entire life, and my flab in my belly has tightened up since heavy weight lifting.

How and where our body chooses to lose weight, tighten up, etc. is out of our control and in the hands of genetics, age, etc.

Congratulations on losing 32 pounds, too! :)