KFC zinger burger

Options
I have just eaten a KFC zinger burger and I feel terrible the guilt is dealing with my conscious, I feel like I have ruined my journey to weight loss and I'm in a verge of binging

Replies

• thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    It looks delicious! It seems like an accomplishment to even attempt that greatness! Never feel bad about eating! One little treat won't ruin anything. If it matters that much, think of it as a lesson learned. However, feeling guilty about eating can lead to disordered thinking about food and body image so if this happens often, please see a professional.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    ... it's not even 600 calories. Is there any reason why you can't fit 600 calories in your day?
  • sbahlezinwe67
    sbahlezinwe67 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    ... it's not even 600 calories. Is there any reason why you can't fit 600 calories in your day?

I have put it in and i still have 310 calories left for the day but I don't feel any better about the burger I feel like I have massed up :(
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    It is just food. No reason to feel guilty. Log it in the diary and move on.
    Tomorrow you will eat more inline with your goals.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

I have put it in and i still have 310 calories left for the day but I don't feel any better about the burger I feel like I have massed up :(

You probably should eat more than 910 calories a day. :noway:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »

Agreed.
  • lolly715
    lolly715 Posts: 106
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Don't even worry about it, just log and move on. I lost 60lbs while still eating a zinger tower burger every week. Those things are delicious.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Sorry OP this is funny and you are being pretty crazy at getting things completely out of perspective.

Zinger burger 450 calories, which means you could eat 7.8 zingers before you would put on 1lb. In contrast your body will fluctuate naturally by 1-4lb a day.

It also has 25g of protein in it.

So you havent messed up at all. What they said of you are eating only 910 calories in a day thats messed up, isnt sustainable and isnt healthy. You should be at a minimum of 1200 per day and I think even thats a bit too low.

Have a word with yourself, its ok, dont beat yourself up and its not a very good excuse to bingem which is completely illogical. Set a sustainable calorie level.
  • IammeCA
    IammeCA Posts: 63 Member
    Options

Don't be so quick to judge. You are assuming that she has eaten nothing else today. If I ate one right now I would say the same thing because I've already eaten about 1000 calories today.

To the OP just take it in stride and realize that not everyday is going to perfect. If you're in it for the long haul you will stumble now and then.
  • njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    This is how you make dieting a lifestyle-you fit what you want to eat into your calories for each day. That includes KFC zinger burgers and other yummy things. Dieting isn't about deprivation and starvation. It's about moderation and making it a lifestyle. I just had white cheddar and bacon stuffed filet mignon and mashed potatoes for lunch. And I fit it into my calories. And it was good. If you are "ready to binge" over a burger, you are approaching weight and health the wrong way.
  • sbahlezinwe67
    Options
    No I a

No I actually get 1200 calories per day and I ate my brakefast and launch so the zinger burger was for launch after loging it I am left with 310 calories
  • sbahlezinwe67
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »
    This is how you make dieting a lifestyle-you fit what you want to eat into your calories for each day. That includes KFC zinger burgers and other yummy things. Dieting isn't about deprivation and starvation. It's about moderation and making it a lifestyle. I just had white cheddar and bacon stuffed filet mignon and mashed potatoes for lunch. And I fit it into my calories. And it was good. If you are "ready to binge" over a burger, you are approaching weight and health the wrong way.

Thank you the thing is it is hard to let go of the information I have bn told all my life that junk food makes you fat no mater the amount but since i came to my fitness pal for the first time in my life i hear people talking a different language of calories
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    The Zinger was fine. Dont be too strict on yourself as thats a way to force people into a binge or to quit. I wouldnt go hungry just to meet a calorie target.
    Just 30 minutes walking a day would help earn you some more calories to eat.

You should probably make a list of all this disinformation you have absorbed because its doing you no favours. Keep asking questions and then you will learn just how it is. Its not worth the worry.

• devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    How did you mess anything up? Nothing here makes sense.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    No I a

No I actually get 1200 calories per day and I ate my brakefast and launch so the zinger burger was for launch after loging it I am left with 310 calories

This is also probably too low in calories.
  • valente347
    valente347 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Don't feel bad! I've lost almost 60 lbs in the last year, and for about 3 straight weeks my diet included brownies for breakfast. (I'm not saying that's the best idea for weight loss, just that it can happen regardless of how junky your diet is.) If you want to eat a filling dinner tonight and stay within your calories, just get a little exercise and focus on lean protein.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I've never even heard of this magical dish, and I am sad that it doesn't seem to exist in the states. :'( But it appears to have 30 grams of protein, so it's not all empty calories.

This mindset is worrisome, as it is on the verge of disordered thinking. Food is not good or bad. It is just food. It is the proportions and amounts that can be good or bad, not the food itself. If you ate 5 KFC Zinger burgers, I'd worry. One? Enjoy! (Since apparently I can't!!! Harrumph!)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Log it and move on!
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    njitaliana wrote: »

Thank you the thing is it is hard to let go of the information I have bn told all my life that junk food makes you fat no mater the amount but since i came to my fitness pal for the first time in my life i hear people talking a different language of calories

Nope. A calorie is a calorie. You will probably find that you are better off eating mostly lean proteins and produce, but you will lose even if you eat junk food at every meal.

This is the longest I've ever stuck to a diet, the most weight I've lost, and the first time I feel no guilt about pizza or potato chips. And yet I can go days and days without wanting those things. Realizing they weren't "bad" foods freed me from wanting them daily.
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    It is probably easier to lose weight in a small rural area. I just looked at the "Zinger", and admit it is a good thing the closest KFC is 300 miles away. I would eat that too. Move on. Make a plan how to avoid KFC from now on.