Fitbit ?

Options
Thinking of getting a Fitbit band ? Has anyone used one and are they worth getting ?
Any recommendations on which one would be the best to get ?
Thank you in advance

Replies

• caseypaige84
    caseypaige84 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit flex and I love it. It's a great motivator for me to make sure I hit my step goal and stay active throughout the day.
  • Deanodino
    Deanodino Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Think I'm gunna go for the charge :)
    Can't wait to get it and keep track of everything and get me more motivated !
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge. It's pretty sweet. It seems pretty accurate with its step count and calorie burns. The automatic sleep tracker is pretty sweet.
  • Deanodino
    Options
    That's one thing I'm really looking forward to is the sleep tracker !! I gotta get one now
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It tracks steps, walking and running okay. It's pretty useless for most non-step types of exercise. Just so you know.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I got the Charge HR on Friday and I love it. The novelty factor hasn't worn off yet :) I'm easily amused and quite competitive so it motivates me to move more.
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if the HR is accurate?
  • sakuya3834
    sakuya3834 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    For myself it has been fairly accurate. Comparing to HR on machines, HR at the doctors it is usually reading 1 BPM lower then the machine or Dr. Office. However, I have heard some people have trouble with it. You can always try it and if it doesn't work for you return it for a regular Charge. It's really only 20 bucks more for the HR, so for many people it's not a huge deal...
    With the current technology a HR monitor with chest strap will still be most accurate... But remember heart rate based calorie burn is only really accurate for steady state cardio anyway.
  • ljones27uk
    ljones27uk Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    loving my surge.. it arrived a few days ago. Great if you are into running and want the GPS.. otherwise Id recommend the charge HR (although Ive never had one) but I do also find the HR monitor (on both the surge and charge HR) really useful.
  • Deanodino
    Options
    I've ordered mine :) can't wait for the posty Man to bring me it now