Looking for friends to come along for the ride :)

Options
Hi!

I'm Katy, 26 years old and living in Scotland. I've recently finished a PhD and am hoping to start training in Clinical Psychology in September. I got married in November, and while I had a fabulous day, my one regret was that I wasn't able to shift my weight beforehand. Unfortunately, thesis writing kind of took over!

Now, I'm determined to make permanent changes to my life. I don't really mind how fast or slow the weight loss is, I just want to get into the habit of a more balanced diet and better living. I'm strapped for cash, so MFP is perfect for helping me to track my eating, and I'll be using YouTube videos and the great outdoors for my exercise. It's only my first day back 'on plan' but I'm so happy to feel in control again. Up until now it's felt like my weight and bad eating was spiralling away from me.

My motivations for losing weight? I've just hit an all-time-highest weight, so that's one, and my GP has told me my weight is likely contributing to my fertility issues. Big motivations there. But I sometimes find those big concepts a bit hard to grasp, so I've little motivations too, like getting rid of my double chin; wanting to look great in fitness gear (like those gorgeous pics on Fitblr blogs); and I want to look amazing come graduation and, hopefully, for starting my new course. I achieved so many huge goals in 2014 and I've proved to myself I can work hard, so I want to keep that up and turn that hard work inwards.

I'd love some friends along for the journey, so if you think we might have something in common feel free to add me or comment here and tell me to add you :)

Good luck!
xo

Replies

• lee658
    lee658 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    hi Katy,
    Welcome. I'm new here as well. I'm 7 days in and down 4lbs. Congrats on your recent marriage and your success in education. My name is Lee and I'm looking to lose another 15 lbs. I'm located 30 mins west of Toronto Canada, 47 yrs, married and we have two daughters, one biological, 10 yrs, and one adopted from afar who is 4 yrs.

The key is to set reasonable goals and when you achieve it set new ones. This app if used daily to input meals and activity is a great resource. It makes you think twice about what you fuel your body with and inputting your activity helps you understand the relationship between the food and the activity required to burn calories. Your a smart woman, you need to rely on your mental strength to stay true to your goal.

If you want to add me as a friend I'd be happy to share in motivation to reach our goals. Your on the right path now that your here. Keep positive, smile lots and put the effort in mentally and physically to achieve your goals.

• Manda031
    Manda031 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Katy! Greetings from Denver, Colorado. It looks like we have some similar goals... I'm gonna add you as a friend and hopefully we can motivate each other. :)

Amanda
  • Meg035
    Meg035 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 29, a teacher in Indiana. I was at my all time heaviest in 2008. Then, I met someone and it motivated me to get back in shape. We got married four years later and I'm slowly putting the pounds back on. I'm looking for people who actively log in to my fitness pal so that we can encourage each other. Add me if you want!
  • kingypingy87
    Options
    Heyyy! I have approx 4 stone to shift. Need some pals along the way x add me x