Weekend struggles!

Options
I am right on with my diet and exercise routines during the week and then when the weekend comes, I fall apart. I am still exercising but find it so hard to make good food choices. I need advice and your help, please!

Replies

• ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    What are "Good food choices"? The only good food choices should be foods that you enjoy eating, that fit within your calories, and that help you meet your desired macros if you track these.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    What do you mean fall apart? You wiping out your defecit?

• Ninina24
    Ninina24 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good food choices would include the fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins that I have no trouble eating during the week. Weekend comes and ball games, movies, get togethers, etc... just throw me off my plan.
  • ana3067
    edited February 2015
    Options
    And eating donuts or pizza or fries etc are not "good food choices" for what reason? Losing weight is about a calorie deficit. I eat "bad" food all the time and I've lost 25+ lbs. Are you going to PERMANENTLY omit these foods from your diet once you hit maintenance? If not then you should probably learn how to eat in moderation. (e.g. eat a slice of pizza within your calorie goals).

And ETA are you never going to eat steak? Salmon? Cheese? Eggs? These are all sources of protein that are also high in fat. Yet I doubt anyone who labels food as healthy and not healthy would say that these things are unhealthy.
  • Ninina24
    Options
    I guess I am being to hard on myself. Everything in moderation! I totally understand what you're saying ana3067. I will have to work on portion control. Great job on your weight loss success!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ninina24 wrote: »
    Good food choices would include the fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins that I have no trouble eating during the week. Weekend comes and ball games, movies, get togethers, etc... just throw me off my plan.

Errr...so eat the stuff you want at a defecit ...pre-log it ..save up calories through the week

Good food choices for 80% of the time is fine
  • thatsillyshana23
    thatsillyshana23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with ana3067, but if your choices are bothering you this much maybe you could plan your weekend meals in advance. Like, don't eat at ball games or movies and bring a nice snack to share at get togethers. I'm a big fan of eating whatever and not ever feeling bad for it. I find that works wonders :P
  • ana3067
    Options
    Being too hard on yourself will definitely not make the process easy. Life happens - you eat more than you intend, you eat more calorie-dense things than you wanted, but you need to be eating not just for your own weight loss but also for overall happiness and health. Implementing true moderation of all foods into my diet was one of the best decisions I have ever made, and it's definitely worth considering for your weekend outings nad whatnot!
  • Ninina24
    Options
    I didn't think about those deficit calories throughout the week! Thanks.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    prolog your days.
  • Ninina24
    Options
    Planning weekend meals would probably help tremendously thatsillyshana23. The fam is usually on their own for 2 meals on Sat. and Sun. I will have to try it out next weekend. Thanks.

• ana3067
    Options
    Ninina24 wrote: »
    Planning weekend meals would probably help tremendously thatsillyshana23. The fam is usually on their own for 2 meals on Sat. and Sun. I will have to try it out next weekend. Thanks.

Do you exercise regularly? Do you log the calories? If so then you could just not eat those back every day and save them up for the weekend. So let's say you exercise and log half of your time, earning 200 calories each day. That's an extra 1000 for the weekend.