Weekend pigouts

Options
Okay, so we have a lakehouse with no internet and I eat like NO OTHER. I do so well during the week, I'll lose weight, but then the weekend comes around and I suck it up. Literally I'm like a vaccuum. So does anyone have any tips? I was thinking about getting a diary to keep down there that way maybe if I see what I'm eating, I won't as much?

Replies

• kalelwifey
    kalelwifey Posts: 172
    Options
    Get a diaryy!! and..if u have a cell maybe if u get some service u can log onto mfp from the celll! depends on what kind u have! There these food diaries u can get from barnes and noble and most of them have a list of Food in the back with nutrition info! of u can just get a food diary and one of those books that list pretty much all food and nutrition
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    stay accountable ..get a notepad and keep track
  • jennamom
    jennamom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A diary will help, and make sure you only eat at certain times of the day, stick to your schedule. Eat about every 3 hours, keeping your meals small and your snacks filling, and drink lots of water. Are you sticking to your workout on the weekends? That always helps keep me motivated. If I take the time to do some pilates or walking, I'm less likely to pig out.
  • Soon2Bfitmamaof3
    Soon2Bfitmamaof3 Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    How about a calorie king book and journal if you cant use internet or mfp app?
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Find something else you could get up to like reading, some sort of game, hiking, swimming, or something that you can do productively. Btw I checked out your profile and noticed you are rather funny or at least your profile made me chuckle! :)
  • drygravytrain
    drygravytrain Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It depends on you a little bit. For me I have to keep track of EVERYTHING that I eat during the day. I have a goal calorie intake, and I tell myself I cant have anymore than that. I can give myself more calories by exercising.

This helps me when I get those hungers like you are talking about. Cause I can tell myself, tough luck, if you want more to eat, go for a run.
  • blondie4life235
    Options
    I have the same problem! I do so well during the week but every time the weekend rolls around I just lose all hint of self control and pig out! I'm hoping someone on here has some advice for you because it could definitely help me out as well!!!
  • timaroon13
    timaroon13 Posts: 1
    Options
    You could also write down all your nutritional information for things you know you will have there, to better track what you are eating. Try pre-planning meals for yourself while you are there, so that you already know what and how much you will be eating ahead of time, then you won't be so tempted to go over.
  • dhammond5
    dhammond5 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    On the weekends I still stay accountable, but if I go over I don't stress. If I am to strict on myself, I know I will quit. I see the weekends as small cheat days, that way I know I can make it through the week. Take it one day at a time, we can't be perfect everyday and know that it's just a small set back, not the end of the world. Keep up the good work.