In need of Support from females

Options
Hi Ladies I'm needing all the support I can get right now as I get ready to schedule a Hysterectomy either later this month or next month I'm scared to death as I know it's a major surgery. My Dr also said that my uterus is very tender to touch and that it needs to come out than she emailed me and said they found a Fibroid tumor on my uterus that has me so scared to death I don't think it anything major. Just need some friends to keep me cheered up while I go through this change in life. :(

Replies

• ames_ks
    ames_ks Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey there, txbride, sorry to hear about your surgery. It's never not a big deal to the one having it, I can offer assurance that the procedure is routine for the medical team. I think the statistic is something like 1 in 3 women have fibroids, so you're in good company with a benign condition. And 2 of my sisters have had your surgery and came through it fine. The recovery is a little tough at first, but every day is better, and their outcome (in both cases) was great! You WILL be fine! Be brave, and proud that you're taking good care of yourself!!! You go, girl!!! :)
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Hi txbride! What you're going through is major, but you will get through, be strong. :smile: My mother got the surgery done and her recovery was slow, but successful. She had a fibroid that they said was the size of a grapefruit. Initially they attempted the less invasive surgery, with two small incisions on each side, but in the end they had to do a full c section. So double the scars! :neutral_face: Just know that everything will be okay, and we are here to support you!