Hello from Jersey, Channel Islands

Options
I'm 41 and 5'7 but have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. The weight is coming off very slowly, as I can't workout like I used to, if at all when I get a flare up. As long as I'm going in the right direction, then I suppose it's positive. I'm just jealous of all you fit people.....only joking. It's really helping to read about everyone and their success stories or just the fact that your trying your best is great. I used to go to the gym 4 times a week and would go for it big time. Burpees, planks, press ups and lots of weight lifting, not to mention cardio. Phew, that's just worn me out thinking about it lol If any of you lovely people want to chat, that would be great. Keep Smiling!

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here :)
  • JennMRempe
    Options
    So sorry about the fibromyalgia, ouch! I agree that going in the right direction is worth celebrating. I have been doing circuit training for years, and dance aerobics (currently Zumba), but just started the strength & conditioning workouts (burpees, planks, kettle bells, etc.) and they are really quite a different kind of exercise. Have you considered Callanetics? A friend just re-introduced me. It was invented by a woman who experienced constant back and knee pain; it is designed to strengthen and lift without hurting. Good luck WitchyWoo!
  • witchywoo73
    witchywoo73 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Hearts_2015. It's great to hear from you JennMRempe, I can't even move my arm or leg at the moment but I will have a look at Callenetics when I'm a bit more mobile. Well done with all the working out, it always gave me a great sense of purpose too. Onwards and Upwards!!