A small sweet treat

Options
Ok I've made a vow to give up my glass of wine at dinner during the week days. I never allow myself dessert, but I think I will start. It seems I have that sweet craving at night. Could you offer me some good ideas for a small sweet treat? I'm not a huge yogurt fan.

Replies

• Bukeelaka
    Options
    Nestle Peelin' Pops banana chocolate peelable popsicles.
  • Wiseandcurious
    Wiseandcurious Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    A small Lindt chocolate bar for around 250 cals depending on bar, or if you can share with a buddy, half the calories. Any high-quality chocolate in a small quantity, really.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Smoothies. Yum. Me and my boyfriend like having our nightly smoothies for dessert but I haven't been making them lately bc I never have room in my calories
  • HealthyHappyKyla
    HealthyHappyKyla Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You could make a trail mix with raw almonds, chocolate chips, and raisons, make bananna "ice cream", or get a Smart One's dessert that is in the freezer section. I have tried all of them and they are VERY good. :smiley: Good luck!
  • MaryCS62
    MaryCS62 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I like ff/sf pudding. I also have cookies in my freezer that I know are about 60 cal, have them with a cup of tea. A few hershey kisses. Really depends on what I'm in the mood for. I might have a baked apple, or apple with PB2 spread. No wrong answers, just as long as you have the room in your day for it.
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Peanut M&M snack pack - 90 calories.
  • commanderval
    commanderval Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Medjool dates!
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Costco chocolate truffles 50 cal each, and 1, in small nibbles, feeds my sweet tooth every night, along with a glass of wine. 150 cal and I feel decadent.
    Cheers, h.
  • Linvala
    Linvala Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Sugar free fudgesicles, Nana ice cream (you can literally make it whatever type of flavor ice cream) homemade yogurt covered pretzels. Sometimes if I crave a type of ice cream treat I'll buy the reddi whip and graham crackers and spray the whip on the cracker making it like a sandwich then freezing it and its just like a ice cream sandwich
  • spoonyspork
    spoonyspork Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Mochi ice cream ... though it can be hard to find. It's ice cream wrapped up in a rice 'skin'. Asian markets sometimes sell them, and some Trader Joe's. 80-100 calories each. Something about the doughy skin plus the creamy ice cream that just makes pure bliss...

Most usual flavors are green tea, vanilla, and strawberry, but you can also find them in coffee, mango, red bean, chocolate, and a somewhat savory sesame seed.
  • miriamtob
    miriamtob Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Truffles made with coconut oil, nut butter, shredded coconut, and maple syrup. Roll them into bite sized balls and then chill in the refrigerator for ten minutes. You can roll them in all different things like cacao powder, nuts, etc...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Mochi ice cream ... though it can be hard to find. It's ice cream wrapped up in a rice 'skin'. Asian markets sometimes sell them, and some Trader Joe's. 80-100 calories each. Something about the doughy skin plus the creamy ice cream that just makes pure bliss...

Most usual flavors are green tea, vanilla, and strawberry, but you can also find them in coffee, mango, red bean, chocolate, and a somewhat savory sesame seed.

But they're so small :(
  • spoonyspork
    Options
    ^ Whuuu? Bigger than a single truffle at 50+ calories. Plus they asked for a small sweet treat :) (I usually eat them three at a time though -- 240 calories and similar serving weight to a cup of cold stone ice cream that averages ~350 calories)
  • arditarose
    Options
    ^ Whuuu? Bigger than a single truffle at 50+ calories. Plus they asked for a small sweet treat :) (I usually eat them three at a time though -- 240 calories and similar serving weight to a cup of cold stone ice cream that averages ~350 calories)

That's true. It just reminded me that I love mochi but I never get it because I need at least 3 and that's like 6 bites of food for 240 minimum. I don't know. Maybe I'll get some this week. I think I may prefer a serving of talenti, even if similar in quantity.
  • spoonyspork
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

That's true. It just reminded me that I love mochi but I never get it because I need at least 3 and that's like 6 bites of food for 240 minimum. I don't know. Maybe I'll get some this week. I think I may prefer a serving of talenti, even if similar in quantity.

Oh yes. That wins! I had my last mochi earlier -- think this week it'll be talenti. Nom. Not a small treat to be sure though! XD
  • arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Oh yes. That wins! I had my last mochi earlier -- think this week it'll be talenti. Nom. Not a small treat to be sure though! XD

Yeah...I got some the other day. For sure there will be one serving somehow not logged. Sigh. I try!
  • mochapygmy
    mochapygmy Posts: 2,123 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of ice cream snickers bars for 180calories. When I need smaller I will have an individually wrapped piece of dark chocolate. Approx 40-80 calories depending on the flavor.
  • JordisTSM
    JordisTSM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers do a Berry Mudslide ice cream that comes in individual servings. They're only 125 calories each and taste fantastic.

They are high in sugar, but one of the things that keeps me going is knowing I can have something that looks and tastes decadent, so when I have them in the freezer I make sure I have plenty of calories and sugar left to fit it in.

Apart from that, a small serving of rice pudding doesn't have too many calories in it. I also keep treat size chocolate in the cupboard for when I want to feel a bit naughty :wink:
  • Wantingtolose1
    Wantingtolose1 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    i have a small treat almost every night. It's summer here so I normally have either a mini ice cream (a few brands do these) or half a cup of ice cream. Normally these are between 100-200 calories. In winter I'll normally have a tea with a couple biscuits usually for around the same amount of calories
  • its_annabelle
    its_annabelle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers has some great desserts that are usually in my freezer.
    Jello and puddings are also a staple.
    To be honest, if you can assure yourself you will only eat one serving and not the whole thing, a good majority of sweet stuff, you can get half to a full serving for less than 300 cal.