Just joined and looking for friends!

Options
kelhchap
kelhchap Posts: 15 Member
Hi!
I started my lifestyle change of eating and exercise 2 weeks ago. I ran across this website from a twitter friend and can't wait to dive in! I'd love to have some new friends who would like to keep me accountable. Stay strong!

Replies

• sushilicious
    Options
    Hey! Dive in, keep progressing, and play the guitar on the moon. Stay fancy ;D
  • smp5095
    smp5095 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been with MFP for about 2 months and I've had some ups and downs, but it's super nice to know that there are people here who don't even know me who care. Good luck!
  • Cricket1975
    Cricket1975 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new too...I've used the app on my phone every single day, but haven't really been on this website much at all. I had to move away from my friends and family this past year...my husband is military. I am so homesick and it is making my issues with food really hard. I've lost 20 lbs so far, but I think the only reason is because of new diagnoses I got at the doctor's office a few months ago that scared me into doing something about it. I did well for the first couple months...but now I'm losing incentive...I hit a plateau for a while, and then got frustrated and let myself have a snack I shouldn't have had...then I had excuses for more snacks. It seems like I have to be way too strict with myself to make progress, or I give up. Finding friends on here and finding support would be awesome. I emailed what I am doing, with daily food plans and how it all totaled up, and exercise stuff, shopping lists...you name it...to my sisters and mom back in NY, but none of them are interested in joining me. My husband was commenting on my progress and suddenly he wants to compete. In 4 weeks, if I lose more than he does, he is supposed to give me part of the tax refund so I can buy a couple new outfits for my new weight. I really want to beat him because he is all sure of himself, but he has always worked out every day, and if he just cuts down his portions he will lose the little bit of weight he has gained in no time at all. Does anyone know how much weight resistance you should be doing compared to aerobic exercise for losing the right way?
  • damianless
    damianless Posts: 4
    Options
    hi :D
  • KaizokuNoMaiku
    Options
    Hey kelhchap welcome to MFP.

Good luck on the new lifestyle ^^
  • the1mattsmith
    the1mattsmith Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome there! I have gotten a lot of help out of this website, and I bet you will to! Feel free to add me as a friend, and good luck!
  • chloe2020
    chloe2020 Posts: 10
    Options
    Welcome!

I am in the same situation. I'm fairly new to my fitnesspal and looking for friends on here so please feel free to add me. (This goes to anyone else on the thread too)

I've used fitness pal before but my new fitness plan starts today so I will be ensuring a daily check in and looking for motivation from you guys :)

Chloe x
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    Although it has me listed as a member since January when i was just lurking around the site, I really started last week. I am really enjoying the site and the new folks I have met. Feel free to friend request me kelchap. Chloe, or anyone else who is looking for friends. The more the merrier!! :flowerforyou: