Tired of being over 300 pounds!

Options
My name is Danelle. I've been overweight my entire life (diagnosed with PCOS at age 19), but it got out of control after my mother unexpectedly passed away in 2008. I also started smoking like a chimney after her death. My journey started when I saw a post on Facebook called the 21 Day No Junk Food Challenge. I decided to do it beginning New Years Day as one of those dumb New Years resolutions that I never follow through with. I also quit smoking cold turkey as another torture. Did I say that? I meant resolution. During the first week, I came to realize that it wasn't going to be as easy as I had thought, but I made the commitment and didn't want to quit like I usually do. Maybe it was the thought of turning 30 this year. I lost 4 pounds that first week and got inspired. During the second week, I came up with a new goal which is to lose 100 pounds by my 30th birthday in October. I started walking with Map My Walk, kept track of what I ate with My Fitness Pal, and made healthier choices of what I ate (it takes me forever when grocery shopping since I read all the nutrition labels now!). I am sick and tired of being morbidly obese. I'm tired of my knees and back hurting. I'm tired of looking like a beached whale in the mirror. Today, I weighed myself and have lost 16 pounds in a month. I am determined to reach my goal and am refusing to quit! Every time I get discouraged, I come on here and read all the success stories to get re-inspired. I hope one day, I will be able to write my own success story. It's going to be a long journey, but it will be worth it.

Top weight: 336 (Spring, 2013)
Starting weight: 320
Starting pant size: 26w
Current weight: 304
Goal Weight: 220 (by my 30th birthday)

Replies

• danyel74
    danyel74 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Did you reach your goal?
  • Dionysos4
    Dionysos4 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think that you shouldn't try to change everything in one go. Focus on losing weight or quitting smoking then, once you have one under control, attempt the other. However, feel free to ignore my advice since quitting smoking hardly helped me.
  • fish2find
    fish2find Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Greetings Danelle, I sent a friends request. Id like to share support with you.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    So glad you're here Danelle :) Congrats on the 16lb loss, that awesome Hon! Sounds like you've got some goals in mind and I think that will help so much as continue on.

Keep reading those success stories and I'll be looking for yours in Oct. ;)
  • dradams116
    dradams116 Posts: 15 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    djmclay4 wrote: »
    I think that you shouldn't try to change everything in one go. Focus on losing weight or quitting smoking then, once you have one under control, attempt the other. However, feel free to ignore my advice since quitting smoking hardly helped me.

I heard that a couple times from friends and family when I first started. I told everyone not to give me a smoke even if I begged for it and gave away all my lighters. I've been smoke free for a month now and am 16 pounds lighter. The first week was very rocky, but I got through it. I've honestly never felt better. Thanks for your advice though. :)
  • meryspe
    meryspe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The most amazing thing for lose weight isthat u feel really better, ur body is distressed and u can do things that before u can't. I was 94 kg a year ago. I did a diet for 4 months n then stopped. I'm 83 kg right now but my goal is wear a 44 size (italian) from a 50. I Will success i know it
  • tenshi115
    Options
    Hello, Danelle. my ultimate goal is to lose 110lb, and I too was a smoker 10 yrs ago. I went up and down with my weight all my life and I'm currently at my heaviest weight of 225lb. I'm only 5ft 1in (small frame), so I am double the size of what I should be. 10 years ago, I controlled my weight by smoking and drinking coffee when I was hungry. After I quit smoking cold-turkey, I couldn't stop eating. I managed to lose 35lb before my wedding 6 years ago, only to gain back even more.

I know how you feel and I think we can support each other. Good job on what you accomplished so far and you will succeed! I ultimately want to lose 110lb, but my big goal for this year is to lose 75lb before September. Feel free to add me and we can help each other in this journey.
  • sahead710
    sahead710 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Go you!!!!! That is so awesome I'm so excited for you! :) I also have pcos diagnosed in 2006 when I was 16 years old. It has been a struggle for me and I've only lost 4 pounds but I've been putting on some serious muscle I can see and feel. I've only been using this app for a week or so but it's helping me a lot. I am also tired of seeing fat in the mirror as I weigh 221 pounds right now :s I'm tired of feeling like I've wasted time and by next summer I want to look halfway decent in a bathing suit. I'm not asking for bikinis and crop tops I just want to feel good about my body and be proud of myself.
    So go you you've already proved that you can do this!! It'll be a long road for us but it's so worth it! :)