anyone 5'3"

Options
tjradd73
tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
I have had a goal weight (112lbs) in mind for quite sometime...and I am pretty sure that I do NOT want to change it; however, over the past month I have had more negative comments about that being TOO LOW for me, and me needing to stop where I am!!

So...although I know we all have different body types, I was wondering if there are any other ladies on here my same height, around 110-130 that maybe have pics that they wouldn't mind sharing so I could get a better idea of how that weight looks with this height??

Greatly appreciated.... :)

Replies

• xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    Options
    well i am 5'2" and i currently weigh 120.

i have pics on my profile that were taken when i weighed 117. i thought i was getting too skinny, so i decided to 'bulk' up on some muscle..i've put on 2-3 lbs in about 4 months.
  • lidado
    lidado Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm 5'3", T, but not at those weights yet... But, my ultimate goal is 123, just to say I weigh 1-2-3... I know, dumb, but I think you'll still be gorgeous. You gotta do you...
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    I am five foot nothing. And I recently got to my goal of 100. If you are confident in where you want to go, then just do it. I say, damn the detractors. They are all just envious cause you can dance on your toes and they can't.
  • jessgallison
    Options
    I'm 5'3"-5'4". I weigh 130 pounds now and no one would tell me that I need to 'lose weight'. My dress size is about a 4-6. That being said, I'd like to weigh 118-125. I personally wouldnt want to weigh 115 pounds or less. Using a general BMI calculator that is about 19 percent body fat, which is the very very lowest end of healthy. I would like to be more in the 'middle low' range, which is about 120.

While it is clearly your decision, that is just my opinion for myself based on my own body type. I think that you should see how you feel in the 120 range and evaluate if you really want to lose those extra 8 pounds.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    thanks ladies :) i guess I just needed a little reminder that this weight would be ok for me still!!
  • adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Meh. BMI is just grad school peeps spouting off. If 112 sound right to you, go for it. I'll cheer you all the way. If it's not sustainable, you'll know in your own time. But the least you deserve is to know for yourself. Not just because some online hack weighed in on your height. Go for it!
  • tjradd73
    Options
    there is sooooo many BMI ranges out there...2 outta the 3 tests that I took to see if I was medium frame or small frame said that I was medium...but just barely!!! so taking the average weight of 6 different BMI charts that I founf for MEDIUM frames it would be 115lbs...I am shooting for that extra 3 for a few reasons, but like I tell everyone that says this to me...I will def re-evaluate at 120 again :) thanks!
    I'm 5'3"-5'4". I weigh 130 pounds now and no one would tell me that I need to 'lose weight'. My dress size is about a 4-6. That being said, I'd like to weigh 118-125. I personally wouldnt want to weigh 115 pounds or less. Using a general BMI calculator that is about 19 percent body fat, which is the very very lowest end of healthy. I would like to be more in the 'middle low' range, which is about 120.

While it is clearly your decision, that is just my opinion for myself based on my own body type. I think that you should see how you feel in the 120 range and evaluate if you really want to lose those extra 8 pounds.
  • jenj1313
    jenj1313 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Looking at your pics, if you're currently 131, then 112 might be a bit on the thin side. I'm sure you could do it... but could you maintain it? You look pretty good, but if you want to get to 112, go for it. And if you can't hold it, you'll know it was too drastic.
  • tjradd73
    Options
    this I realize also...I think that I will go for it, and if it's too hard to maintain then I will see which range I can stay in COMFORTABLY afterwards...thanks :)

Looking at your pics, if you're currently 131, then 112 might be a bit on the thin side. I'm sure you could do it... but could you maintain it? You look pretty good, but if you want to get to 112, go for it. And if you can't hold it, you'll know it was too drastic.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    just wondering Tara if you have been 112 before and would like to get back to it? the smallest ive been is 126lbs and today i weighed in at 120.5 lbs (im keeping this one quiet, been a stressful week). I dont think i have any more 'fat' to lose if that makes sense. However, at the end of the day its entirely up to you. i would not get bogged down by figures, see how you feel the more you go along and re-evaluate. If you are worried about negativity, dont give people a specific number. just say id like to lose a bit more still.
  • musica814
    musica814 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    It's all about what works for you. Nobody else can tell you what is going to be your ideal weight. Heck, if my dr had her way I'd be 110-120 pounds, simply because that's what my "healthy BMI range" is. Ugh! BMI doesn't account for frame size, muscle mass, and for women especially boob size can make a huge difference. Personally, I'm currently at 149 lbs, with a goal weight of 130-135. I'm not even sure what I'll look like then, so that's why it's kind of tentative for now. I'm medium framed, and I wear a 34G bra, so I know my boobs must add at least 10 pounds to the scale. So for me, I can see myself being waaayyy to thin at 112-115. However you are obviously built differently if you think that weight range is healthy for you. So I say go for it! And like other commenters have said, if you find that it's too hard to maintain or you feel too thin, then you'll know. Best of luck! :)
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3". Currently at 123, and trying to get back to 120. That is about the weight that I feel the best. The lowest was about 108 a couple of years ago. I thought I looked good, but didn't feel good. I just did not feel strong and healthy.
  • MiNiMoNkI
    MiNiMoNkI Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Hi, im 5.2 im currently 121llbs and my goal weight is 115, i have a full length pic of me at my current weight as my profile pic, im quite happy where i am but i too set a goal and am sticking to it, i think it all depends on how you feel, my BMI is good and i have muscle, i feel im proportion and as i only have 6 left to lose i dont think it will make much difference
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I'm 5'2 140lbs in my profile pic. My goal is 125
  • brendansmom1
    brendansmom1 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Wow...okay, I am 5'3" -ish and my GOAL weight is 140. Dang, I guess just because of my build, but if I were any smaller than that I would probably look half dead! LOL

Everyone is different...go with what is healthy and comfortable for YOU!
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 2 and I would like to be 120 for my goal weight I am not there yet but I dont think I would look good at alower weight as I am not a teen any more. Body should be fit eventually but I dont want to look sickly thin just toned and nicely fit. Good Luck to you!
  • proverbs31chick
    proverbs31chick Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 my goal is 140, reading over this seems like my goals is high, but my neighbor told me that 140 is to low. So when I get there I will see how that looks.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    forgot pics, taken this morning. excuse my scruffy state! 120.5lbs

DSCN0461.jpg

DSCN0466.jpg
  • betterthanmama
    betterthanmama Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7-8 so i can't help much but here are some pictures of girls in that range

http://www.mybodygallery.com/search.html?height=5+2&weight=110&pant=any&shirt=any&zphoto=Large&new=1
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and currently 155. I'm looking to get somewhere in the 130's. I have my ticker at 129 to make it an even 40lbs total I could lose. My body is medium built and I tend to have broader shoulders than other females.

With all the online calculators I think my lean muscle mass is between 115-125lbs so I definitely can't weigh that much b/c I'd have no fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!